1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any experience with Dhgate.com?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Brian_Corrigan, May 9, 2007.

1. vickie l

vickie l Peon

Best Answers:
    WARNING TO CONSUMER'S OF DHgate!!!
    I'm copy and pasting my NEGATIVE experience with DHgate on every blog site I can find. Yet, causing me more time and energy....

on February 26th, 2010 at 3:16 am

Update Good and Bad
    Two days after attempting to make a purchase, via my valid credit card, I got an email from Dhgate indicating they had been updating their credit card system and instructed me to use Paypal. I went ahead and purchased my $603 worth of items through Paypal. After seller received my money I sent him my buyers addresses for dropship which he said he could do and I have emails indicting so. Once he received my money he told me I misunderstood and he could only send them directly to me. OK fine if thats your policy great I will deal with it. This causing yet another delay in getting my product out to my buyers that gave me their money on Sunday via Paypal. The Seller did responded in time as promised with a tracking number for DHL delivery. The problem is that I contacted DHL with the tracking number and they said it’s invalid. They looked me up by name and address and found no records in their system that a package is coming my way. I started this whole process on Monday and today is Thursday. I’m starting to receive angry emails from my buyers requesting they’re tracking numbers. I have already issued 2 refunds with more to follow I’m sure. Paypal has frozen my account until I can prove that I have the product tracking numbers. Theres a system in place with my business feedback and currently I have a 100% positive rating which is going to be jeopardize. Once jeopardized they could close me down completely. I WARN CONSUMERS DON’T THINK THAT THEY WILL DROPSHIP TO YOUR CUSTOMERS DIRECTLY NO MATTER WHAT THE SELLER SAYS. BUY YOUR PRODUCT AND HAVE IT ON HAND BEFORE YOU RESALE IT. MY WHOLE BUSINESS IS ON THE LINE AT THE MOMENT AND NOW I HAVE $603 IN MERCHADISE THATS CLEARLY NOT BEING SHIPPED TO ME. I HAVE ALSO INCURRED $400 IN FEES FROM EBAY AND $175 IN FEES FROM PAYPAL. MY EXPERIENCE HASN’T BEEN EASY WITH DHGATE AND IT’S CONSUME A LOT OF TIME, MONEY AND HEADACHE! I’M ON THIS BLOG ONLY BECAUSE HDGATE DOESN’T HAVE A PHONE NUMBER TO CONTACT THEM ONLY EMAIL ADRESSES.WHICH GET’S ZERO REPLY. THE ONLY REASON I GOT A REPLY FROM DHGATE WAS BECAUSE OF THE DHGATE EDITORIAL TEAM.
    Sincerely Frustrated,
    Victoria
    Update: I contacting DHgate regarding my tracking numbers being invalid. I got the follow auto responce ( 5 business days are you kidding. My money will be gone by then!)
    Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email.

This is an auto-reply email to notify you that we have received your email. To celebrate the Chinese New Year, DHgate staff, some of our sellers and shipping companies had been on holiday from February 13 to February 20.

We had resumed our normal business hours from Feb. 21, 2010. But because of e-mail backlog ,the handling time of your email will be extended to about 5 working days.

About item or shipping inquries,please contact your seller for more details.

Please understand any inconvenience this may cause you.

Best regards,

Customer Service Center

DHgate.com

Fast Trading Marketplace

vickie l, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  2. fsagarnaga

fsagarnaga Peon

Best Answers:
    I found this phone number at their contact section in their website:

+86-10-82257676

I hope you solve your problem there.

fsagarnaga, Mar 14, 2010 IP
  3. mkmuzika

mkmuzika Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am looking through many of the posts on here at least for scams, and many of you could have avoided being scammed. Electronics are one of the biggest no-no's, especially buying a certain type of electronic, especially iPhones, and iPods. I've bought many items from websites like this one, and I have never had any problems with going, and the sellers were very responsive, just have to be smart on what your buying.

mkmuzika, Mar 15, 2010 IP
  4. tvcmall

tvcmall Peon

Best Answers:
    We have co-operation with dhgate before as TVC mall . Many different goods available there , with good seller & bad seller too . but more and more buyer & seller use them now

tvcmall, Mar 17, 2010 IP
  5. darkknight007

darkknight007 Member

Best Answers:
    i think thats a very big scam

darkknight007, Mar 17, 2010 IP
  6. nancysky

nancysky Peon

Best Answers:
    You said is perfect!
    admire you!

nancysky, Mar 18, 2010 IP
  7. lalitrajsharma

lalitrajsharma Peon

Best Answers:
    I have seen their site, There is no warranty on the products (i have checked iphone category). Also there is no guaranty of genuinity or the fresh piece. So try to be extra cautious before using their services.
    All the best

lalitrajsharma, Mar 20, 2010 IP
  8. Vic Tang

Vic Tang Peon

Best Answers:
    To all concerned.
    I'm a new chinese seller on DHgate and other forums. And I'm familiar with this forum and chinese product.
    I'm honest that almost 90% of famous brand product on chinese forum is fake. But to some extent the quality is good.
    All sellers on the forum want to make profit, so I think they do their best to satisfy you. But also there are some scammers.
    I think the following infomation is useful if you want to make a transaction on the forum:
    1. Do not completely trust the feedback scores.
    I admit that the feedback scores can indicate that how the seller is. It's most important that what you want to buy is without any problem. For the same design you'll see many ones on sale, but maybe they are manufactured by one factory. Though the feedback scores for some sellers are low, it doesn't mean that they are not good sellers. They might get into the forum just now. New sellers are more eager for a deal, and they'll bring you a surprise.
    2. Please make a trial order before you make the transaction.
    If you encounter with a cheater, you won't loss lots of money. It's better for you.
    3. Do not place an large order on the forum, if you're not familiar with the seller.
    You'd better commit trade company to make the transaction to control the risk. The price will be much lower. And you can also contact the factory in china.
    4. Do not covet the little advantages.
    If something is good, the price should never be low abnormally. Though the price on product in China is lower than most of places around the world, but good product need good material and good technology.

Vic Tang, Mar 20, 2010 IP
  9. monica_pan_china

monica_pan_china Peon

Best Answers:
    I am a chinese and would like to say something.

It's bad to see so many bad reviews about DHgate.

A sale agent of DHgate came to me these days to invite our company to this forum. That sales agent is sucked but out of curise I am bouncing the related website like this to see reviews of buyers and sellers from DHgate.

I've read many messages like what I see here. I feel bad as people are saying badly towards Chinese person. Please stop this. You can acuse specifically to a seller or many sellers that are scammer(s) on this website, but please don't say badly towards the Chinese people. There are scammers all over the world but if you are smart enough, you will be fine.

DHgate really sucks to allow so many copy things on and that really supprises me on this. But you guys as a buyer you need to be realistic--you think it possible to buy and famous brand on 1/3, or even 1/10 the cost?????? It's just a common sense. Those sellers who keep saying they are original are bad but you should have the common sense anyway. Some people tell you it's a copy and if you still buy it you shall understand that you are taking a risk and you shall be responsible because you are attratted by the low cost!!!!

I still plan to find some forum to sell, DHgate, I am not sure, maybe on a more reputable one with good reviews, I will be selling bluetooth headset made in china. brand that maybe nobody heard of before, but these things are from suppliers for famous brand who price them doubly or triply as famous brand people spends money in ads and they deserve selling the goods at the high price. But for these products withouth named brand, what we can do is to grap buyers bit by bit and win a kind deal after a long way of establishing our reputations.

Anyway, hope everyone does well on any forums like this, expecailly with things MADE IN CHINA.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
    monica_pan_china, Mar 29, 2010 IP
  10. quicksilver.508

quicksilver.508 Peon

Best Answers:
    I use this site a lot. the only thing is YOU MUST CHECK SHIPPING CHARGES before ordering. At times, some will charge much more than others. My best advice is research, research, research. That is the only way to get the best price. By the way this is a proxey service the vendor will not get paid unless you log in and tell dh gate you received your items as discribed. Only then will they release the funds to the vendor. I highly recomend this site to you, as a wholesale buyer.

quicksilver.508, Apr 8, 2010 IP
  11. quicksilver.508

quicksilver.508 Peon

Best Answers:
    Victoria:
    I understand you being upset. I must tell you that DH gate is a proxey service, and never uses paypal. You were scamed by the seller, not dh gate.You must read the instructions when building your wholesale account. It will tell you that they are a proxey service, and the vendor gets nothing till you tell them that you received the goods as discribed. I use the service a lot in my buying of product. I have never had a problem, as i know from the start that i follow only paying through dh gate, and no other. My only advice to you is to read your agreement and research, research, research, before you buy.

quicksilver.508, Apr 8, 2010 IP
  12. hosters

hosters Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds like I may need to look into this. I need a new drop shipper.

hosters, Apr 8, 2010 IP
  13. hosters

hosters Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nope not me need to keep my money for good drop shipping companies.Did some search and read a few reviews.

hosters, Apr 8, 2010 IP
  14. quicksilver.508

quicksilver.508 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry, I never ment as a dropshipper Only as a bulk buyer. If you want a dropshipper, a lot of them are out their, and I can give you a couple. Again, All I can Tell you is, research, research, research. Yes Dropshipping is great, However, I have found that Stocking small amounts of product is much better, and cheeper. If I have a product issue, I can resolve it quickly, and have a happy customer who will refer other clients to me.
    Again on dropshipping, from dh gate I could not tell you. For bulk buying, I would say ok, depending on what it is and shipping cost.
    Thanks for the reply.

quicksilver.508, Apr 9, 2010 IP
  15. guru16

guru16 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    have used dhgate qith sucess several times just got to be smart about it and find a legit seller

however I mainly use Chinavasion now for dropshipping and have for several years without any problems and quickshipping

guru16, Apr 13, 2010 IP
  16. WuMan

WuMan Peon

Best Answers:
    notice that the replies here are not proportional..........

all of these guys have only one or two posts.

Doesn't anyone get the feeling that there's one guy behind all this shit that's trying to stop us from dropshipping!?

WuMan, May 8, 2010 IP
  17. Newviewit

Newviewit Active Member

Best Answers:
    No it's a viable topic. There's tons of dropship companies out there that offer crap products/services/ and generally are con artists that steal money.

If something doesn't sound right then stay far away.

and always use escrow... never pay anyone in another country cash without receiving the products

Newviewit, May 9, 2010 IP
  18. quicksilver.508

quicksilver.508 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you think only one guy is making quote's your wrong. want to see my web site?
    go to www.nupine.us that is just one of several sites I have. or you could look on ebay for user nupine.

If you want a real scam site go to
    www.doba.com
    Got stung from them very badly. paid 160.00 bucks to get on the site saying they had the lowest drop ship price around. Got on and they were not wholesaleing it was retail the support that i called said quote you need to think outside the box I said I do not buy retail and try to resale you are not wholesale and I want my money back. I was told if not satisified in four days i could get it back this is less than 24 hours later when I called he told me no and I still had access to the site for a year. Pissed was not the word. the new scam is they are setting you up a website and will service it for you for free with web hosting only 29.95 a month and doba service of only 39.95 a month. A lot of good drop shipers are out their as well as bad like I said before research , research, research.

quicksilver.508, May 9, 2010 IP
  19. Chey

Chey Peon

Best Answers:
    This is my issue with DHgate, I have purchased a wedding dress from them, and the picture was nothing like the dress, the making was poor, the fabric was nice, and no beading. Then my bridesmaids had also ordered there dresses, one of them came, and wasn't even the same material or made right, yet the seller won't let her send it back and is only offering %50 off, which for a dress she's going to throw out isn't good, two of my bridesmaids got there money back through DHgate, because they cancelled it, the seller wanted them to pay for making and fabric, which they didn't because it was poor. My other bridesmaid got hers sent after cancelling it so she didn't accept it at the door, and they want her to pay for shipping and making and fabric. If DHgate put in a policy that the seller must put an authentic picture of each dress they make with their work and not someone elses beautiful picture, there would be a lot less disputes and not be misleading. I am very unhappy with the product I have received from the sellers on DHgate for dresses. If I receive a poorly made product I should get my money back, not put up with negotiations for how much they get to keep, when if they made the dresses nice in the first place there would be no issue.

Chey, Jun 1, 2010 IP
  20. quicksilver.508

quicksilver.508 Peon

Best Answers:
    since you used dhgate i assume you understand it is a proxey service and unless you tell them the product is as discribed they will not release the funds to the seller. never pay the seller direct you will lose your money. always use the proxey service to be safe.
    i would like to know more and maybe i can help you with buying from dhgate sellers. or at the very least put you on the right track for a better buying experince.
    nupine_enterprises@hotmail.com http://www.nupine.us

quicksilver.508, Jun 4, 2010 IP