1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any experience with Dhgate.com?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Brian_Corrigan, May 9, 2007.

1. ll_x

ll_x Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, most buyers I knew thought DHgate was a reliable company.

ll_x, May 4, 2009 IP
  2. Lancerot

Lancerot Peon

Best Answers:
    The problem with it is that they're like playing russian roulette.. maybe you'll get lucky, have no problem at all.. or maybe you'll get scammed badly.

In those cases, wisest thing to do is looking for an alternative.

Lancerot, May 5, 2009 IP
  3. Bruceny

Bruceny Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello, there, I'd like to recommend sourceplaza.com, a leading online wholesale store in consumer products with over 40,000 products. I bet you can find something you like there with nice service.

Bruceny, May 8, 2009 IP
  4. lightstarm2k

lightstarm2k Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How do they scam?, DHGate use escow system

lightstarm2k, Jul 28, 2009 IP
  5. sinephase

sinephase Peon

Best Answers:
    I've bought and tried to buy a few items from different sellers there. I ordered some XP OEM discs and they are counterfeit with volume licenses, and only work with volume licenses. After I escalated the dispute, even though they have a stated policy about not allowing counterfeits on their site, they are only offering me 30% refund and saying that if I return them I can get a full refund, even though I explained to them it's illegal to ship them.
    I also ordered some pocket PC's which the seller got the price wrong on, and offered to ship me less than what I ordered. It took a while but I got cancelled and got my refund.
    I ordered 5 8GB SD cards that I was going to bundle with the pocket PC's, and I tried to cancel the order, which the guy said 'sorry, they were already shipped'. This was on the 17th, but the actual shipping date was the 20th. I said fine, I have some uses for 8GB cards, and because they were $18 USD each, it seemed like a reasonable price for the cards.
    I got sent some counterfeit Kingston cards, and none of them worked in 4 different devices. I offered to reuturn them, and got the address of a drop shipping company which has a website, it is called microsourcing. They would only accept express post shipping, which would cost me about $56 CAD, and at this point I was pretty fed up.
    Once I found out what the company was I would be returning them to, I got their phone number and called them on skype. After arguing with the guy for about 20 minutes trying to get a full refund without returning the garbage cards, I got even more fed up. I confirmed that he was at the location on their website and that the goods shipped from there, and then threatened to call the police on them. I got a full refund instantly.
    So I have some tips:

Be prepared to take a lot of risks trying to get anything worthwhile at real wholesale prices.

Never use Western Union, ever. Only use Paypal or credit card, though I wouldn't trust them with your CC information.

Paypal won't help you except for ebay purchases, though they do have a way to report the website that sold you counterfeits, though that probably won't get your money back. The best you could hope for is for paypal to remove DHgate's account.

DHGate's policy is meant to lull you into a false sense of security.

Finally, do what you can to stop these people. You can report them to the FBI, run a whois search on their domain name and try to notify the hosting service of the fraudulent activity, report them to paypal, see what kind of action can be taken through the companies that make the real items you tried to order (ie. microsoft has a way to send them the fakes and possibly get genuine advantage kits for free, and they'll investigate the seller, send cease and desist letters, etc.).

Do what I did, find out their address and phone number before stating it's too expensive to return the garbage items. Call them and act like you're negotiating. Confirm that they are where they say they are, and then threaten to call the police. They know what they're doing is illegal.
    I'm still debating to call the police there anyway.

After researching a lot of these so-called 'wholesale' websites, the prices are BS, and price isn't a way to verify authenticity, neither is a picture. Be prepared to do a lot of research and possibly find nothing worthwhile, and fight to get your money back.

sinephase, Jul 31, 2009 IP
  6. sp33162

sp33162 Peon

Best Answers:
    hello everyone.... new to the thread... does anyone know about okgate.net ....can they be trusted???/

sp33162, Aug 1, 2009 IP
  7. Seanmoo

Seanmoo Peon

Best Answers:
    I bought "Legitimate" Ipod nanos from DHGate in a wholesale amount of 10.

They claimed all images were taken from them and everything was A-ok.

I received 10 Very nice looking FAKES!

Turning on the ipod, you immediately noticed the interface was wrong and horrible, the slidewheel didnt work as meant to and I could go on and on and on.

The lesson here...
    DONT USE DHGATE !

I got refunded in the end, but I HAD to send the fuckers the fake items back to China, costing me a loss of 30 pounds post and packaging.

I've bought games, a ps3 console, all fake, Lost LOTS of money due to shipping.

NEVER USE THEM

REMEMBER- CHINESE= SCAMMY BASTARDS! Especially within the trade of physical items !

Seanmoo, Aug 1, 2009 IP
  8. Meads

Meads Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Haha, more fool you for even believing you could actually get original goods at the prices they charge on DHgate, it is simple common sense, something which i assume you are lacking in.

Meads, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  9. rccpgm01821

rccpgm01821 Peon

Best Answers:
    I recently used DHGate service. As stated here, they are basically like EBay in China - just a transfer agent. My issue is the sellers are mostly (maybe 100%) from China, and the stuff they sold me anyway was junk - not what was advertised. Now I am in long [so far not successful] process of trying to return items (costly!) and get a refund (not seen yet after months!). DHGate after 1st 15 days of so of any dispute, gets completely out of the picture of trying to assist in solving the dispute. So word of warning, you are dealing with people far away, and I would not trust any of the feedback for the various vendors. The one I used had 99% approval and was BAD!!

rccpgm01821, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  10. rogramjet

rogramjet Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm sure some of DHGate vendors are legit. But some are not, and if you get one, you're shit of luck. In my dispute I only got partial refund for junk (64gb flash, NOT from Kingston). I complained within hours of package delivery, but only got partial refund with no explanation even after many attempts to find out why. Their "escrow" claim is crap if you only part of your money back. DHGate is a nightmare - deal with them only at your own risk. I hope this warning saves someone my grief.

rogramjet, Aug 22, 2009 IP
  11. ll_x

ll_x Peon

Best Answers:
    Dear rogramjet,

I saw your message on another forum. Hope you can log in that forum again and view our message.

Thanks so much.

Best regards,

Fiona

ll_x, Aug 25, 2009 IP
  12. ll_x

ll_x Peon

Best Answers:
    Dear rccpgm01821,

This is Fiona from DHgate customer service department.

We would like to know more about your purchase experience. Could you please tell us your order number?

Thanks so much.

Best regards,

Fiona

ll_x, Aug 25, 2009 IP
  13. ll_x

ll_x Peon

Best Answers:
    Dear Seanmoo,

This is Fiona from DHgate customer service department.

Dhgate is not in favor of fakes. Sellers who sell fakes will be punished. If you encounter the similar case, please do contact us.

In addition, it is a general rule that a receiver needs to return items for a full refund on his/her expense if he/she does not want to keep items. Hope you can understand.

Best regards,

Fiona

ll_x, Aug 25, 2009 IP
  14. sckblogger

sckblogger Peon

Best Answers:
    not experience with DHgate but i do have experience with Rightwholesale.com. Last year I purchased a Camcorder from this site and i am fully satisfied with there services.

sckblogger, Oct 20, 2009 IP
  15. jac2733

jac2733 Peon

Best Answers:
    I had a recent experience with DHGate. I placed an order for an original and brand new Nokia N97 for USD 346.70 in November 2009 but received a fake unit. I raised a dispute and got a partial refund of USD 200.00

I don't know what happened to the balance of USD 146.70. I asked DHGate but received no response. I also found out that the fraud seller (hongjiatrade) is still selling items.

DHGate seems tolerating the activity of fraud seller.... this is really very unfair.

STAY AWAY from DHGate if you don't want to have a similar experience.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
    jac2733, Dec 26, 2009 IP
  16. kingsley

kingsley Member

Best Answers:
    Where is the best place to dropship products from.

kingsley, Dec 26, 2009 IP
  17. fokker2000

fokker2000 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ordered NFL jerseys from two different sellers. Two jerseys from seller "jersey-shop-23" were top quality , and I'm very satisfied with the seller. But the third one I ordered from "jerseyspace" was a low quality reject. I would never ecommend "jerseyspace" to anyone.

fokker2000, Jan 21, 2010 IP
  18. fuzzbuzz21

fuzzbuzz21 Peon

Best Answers:
    I just wanted to ask this guy

Are there any good sellers you reccomend that are not scammers?:)

fuzzbuzz21, Feb 7, 2010 IP
  19. DHgate Is Scam

DHgate Is Scam Peon

Best Answers:
    I ordered an Apple iphone 32GB 3 months ago and I paid $147. But they sent me something totally useless.It is not Apple at all, it is a fake phone. plus the phone is locked and even I can't use it as a regular phone.I contacted them over 30 times but they did not accept any responsiblity.

That website is full of bullshit. Do not waste your money in DHgate.com.

Armin
    Montreal-Canada

DHgate Is Scam, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  20. vickie l

vickie l Peon

Best Answers:
    WARNING TO CONSUMER'S OF DHgate!!!
    I'm copy and pasting my NEGATIVE experience with DHgate on every blog site I can find. Yet, causing me more time and energy....

on February 26th, 2010 at 3:16 am

Update Good and Bad
    Two days after attempting to make a purchase, via my valid credit card, I got an email from Dhgate indicating they had been updating their credit card system and instructed me to use Paypal. I went ahead and purchased my $603 worth of items through Paypal. After seller received my money I sent him my buyers addresses for dropship which he said he could do and I have emails indicting so. Once he received my money he told me I misunderstood and he could only send them directly to me. OK fine if thats your policy great I will deal with it. This causing yet another delay in getting my product out to my buyers that gave me their money on Sunday via Paypal. The Seller did responded in time as promised with a tracking number for DHL delivery. The problem is that I contacted DHL with the tracking number and they said it’s invalid. They looked me up by name and address and found no records in their system that a package is coming my way. I started this whole process on Monday and today is Thursday. I’m starting to receive angry emails from my buyers requesting they’re tracking numbers. I have already issued 2 refunds with more to follow I’m sure. Paypal has frozen my account until I can prove that I have the product tracking numbers. Theres a system in place with my business feedback and currently I have a 100% positive rating which is going to be jeopardize. Once jeopardized they could close me down completely. I WARN CONSUMERS DON’T THINK THAT THEY WILL DROPSHIP TO YOUR CUSTOMERS DIRECTLY NO MATTER WHAT THE SELLER SAYS. BUY YOUR PRODUCT AND HAVE IT ON HAND BEFORE YOU RESALE IT. MY WHOLE BUSINESS IS ON THE LINE AT THE MOMENT AND NOW I HAVE $603 IN MERCHADISE THATS CLEARLY NOT BEING SHIPPED TO ME. I HAVE ALSO INCURRED $400 IN FEES FROM EBAY AND $175 IN FEES FROM PAYPAL. MY EXPERIENCE HASN’T BEEN EASY WITH DHGATE AND IT’S CONSUME A LOT OF TIME, MONEY AND HEADACHE! I’M ON THIS BLOG ONLY BECAUSE HDGATE DOESN’T HAVE A PHONE NUMBER TO CONTACT THEM ONLY EMAIL ADRESSES.WHICH GET’S ZERO REPLY. THE ONLY REASON I GOT A REPLY FROM DHGATE WAS BECAUSE OF THE DHGATE EDITORIAL TEAM.
    Sincerely Frustrated,
    Victoria

vickie l, Feb 25, 2010 IP