1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any experience with Dhgate.com?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Brian_Corrigan, May 9, 2007.

1. BlackCoder

BlackCoder Peon

Best Answers:
    Lots and lots of scammers run rampant on dhgate. MANY false feedback especially. It's no way like eBay (ebay actually verifies who you are). My friend who is the most cautious of internet traders lost $6,000USD from 8 different sellers so beware.

BlackCoder, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  2. DHGate-Reality

DHGate-Reality Peon

Best Answers:
    A lot of people have asked if DHGate is a scam, or real. Sites have examined DHGate before, some internet pages on peoples websites dedicated to tell everyone that "DHGate is a scam, dont order there". And others, private persons, say thats its reliable.
    Why this confusion? The simple answer is DHGate is just a platform, like ebay. Their system is escrow-based which is generally safe - BUT, some sellers there are definitely not "safe". They sell bad quality products.

Check out a new blog I made dedicated to asserting which sellers are safe on DHGate, and how it works and is in general: http://dhgate-reality.blogspot.com/

In this first time, I will post things about the general structure of the site, but later, I will start posting information about sellers I have verified to be reliable, and I will keep doing that continously after. Thus, a source for people that want to do business, and want to know if its safe to invest a few thousand dollars in a given seller. And private end users of course are also welcome to check out the blog for their own good.

I urge you to click my links or donate to my site if you have any interest in this project.. because, it costs real money, to make real $100-level orders to verify sellers.

Thank you. DHGate-Reality, http://dhgate-reality.blogspot.com/

DHGate-Reality, Feb 7, 2008 IP
  3. bryan112

bryan112 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello,

I was thinking about ordering from DH, but now it's different. After hearing from people that lost money, wow!! So where do regular people go just like me that want to make some extra cash, with wholesale prices. Who can we trust? Is there any wholesale company out there that doesn't sell "fake'' items with cheap prices, and don't get raped on shipping? How do these people do it on Ebay and make good profits, because you can't sell fake things on Ebay if you do you will be caught. I take it most of of the things that come out of China are fake. I would like to sell quality real items at cheap prices to my customer's with very good profits too, how??

bryan112, Feb 22, 2008 IP
  4. PeoplesArcade

PeoplesArcade Banned

Best Answers:
    Gah. Lets be honest here. If its too good to be true then no it isnt authentic. I mean cmon dont be stupid about it. Almost all products on there are a shoddy fake but work alright. And if you are planning to resell you can still make money selling them as fakes (Atleast i have)

PeoplesArcade, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  5. blum1390

blum1390 Peon

Best Answers:
    I just got my first order through DHGate.com. I asked the seller if the Ipod Nano were real Apple Ipods before I purchased them and they said they were real. Well I got them yesterday and they are fakes, they look pretty good, but function horribly. I opened a dispute and the seller is giving me a hard time and offered to refund 30 of the 180 dollars. What a joke. It doesnt look like the escrow has been released to him yet, so there is still hope that I dont get completely ripped off. The seller had a bunch of positive feedback too. Buyers beware, I bet everything sold on this site is a knock-off. I will update any new information on my dispute.

blum1390, Mar 8, 2008 IP
  6. violetqq

violetqq Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry to hear that many oh yours have so unhappy wholesale experience. Maybe not all chinese dropshippers are scams. Yes, I'm a china-droshipper. I don't wanna spam,I just suggest you can select a real production recource carefully. Maybe you can search their website on google or Yahoo,then you can find some comments. Sometimes, those comments can be reference. And you can search "china-dvd-cd" may be you can find a real wholesale.

violetqq, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  7. magicspon

magicspon Peon

Best Answers:
    This is a copy of the letter i just sent to dhgate.com

"
    I am writing to inform you about counterfeit guitars on your website. As you tell us that you do your best to protect buyers from scams I thought I would inform you on some problems I’ve found.

Firstly I ordered a Gretsch Brian Setzer 6120 from hewenping1968, the guitar which arrived was an extremely poorly made fake.

Before I make any more orders I thought I’d spend a little more time researching products. I found user credit177 on your site, he is a power seller and has a one star rating. This gave me some confidence in the seller. I asked him the following questions:
    “
    1. Where are the guitars manufactured?
    2. How are they so cheap.. (link: conterfiet ibanez article)
    3. What is your return policy?
    4. What year were they built (all 2008)?
    5. Are the guitars the same as on (link: official ibanez website)
    6. Are you an authorized Ibanez retailer
    7. Does it come with a manufactures warranty

Please can you answer all of my questions with as much detail as possible.
    “

This is the reply I got

“
    dear friend :
    thank for your reply !
    please don't worry , i am honest wholesaler , i can guarantee the item are best quality and lowest price .
    i hope we can do more business in future .
    i am waiting for your reply !
    best wishes for you !
    “

The guitar in question was a Ibanez Jem JM VH which sell from authorised dealers for around $2000, the user on your site is selling them for $173. He sells a further 30+ guitars on your site. All of which are clearly counterfeit goods which is highly illegal.

I have been reading more and more about people having bad experiences with dhgate.com. People selling fake goods, poorly conditioned goods and so on. I am aware there is only so much you can do to guarantee genuine products on your site but you are clearly not doing enough.

If you are one of China’s leading wholesalers surely you have the capability validating sellers.
    "

luckily (if you can call it that) i've only made one sale which turned out to a poorly made fake. i sold it on ebay, the guy i sold it to has been very understanding and hasn't gone through ebay or paypal to resolve the matter, i am giving him all his money back.

Stay away from dhgate.com its bullshit (excuse to language)..

Does anyone know a real wholesale site which isn't a scam. I don't have much capital so i can really buy in bulk (i.e. sites like globalsources.com) also i am interested in selling guitars.

Good luck everyone
    Thanks
    Dave

magicspon, Mar 13, 2008 IP
  8. free spirit

free spirit Peon

Best Answers:
    I never really ordered from these people, but i dont think that there selling the real thing. I have asked a few of them, (who had a lot of positve feedback if they were selling the real 100% authenic product that they advertised. All of them responded back, NO!! (READ MY ASKED QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS!! I am Iron woman)

Posted on: 2008-05-01 23:18
    can i get 10 bags of different styles and brands? are these 100% authenic? does it come with the certificate?
    diaresy
    Posted on: 2008-05-01 23:24
    With cards and certificates. Thanks!
    diaresy
    Posted on: 2008-05-01 23:24
    With cards and certificates. Thanks!
    ironwoman
    Posted on: 2008-05-02 00:40
    can i get 10 bags of different styles?
    diaresy
    Posted on: 2008-05-02 10:31
    You can arbitrarily choose a different style, thank you
    diaresy
    Posted on: 2008-05-02 10:31
    You can arbitrarily choose a different style, thank you

Posted on: 2008-05-02 02:48
    are these 100% authenic bebe dresses?
    guobing_369
    Posted on: 2008-05-02 09:38
    Our dress isn't real!But the quality is very good!
    The dress takes to have label!If like to invite an order!

Posted on: 2008-05-01 21:51
    do these sunglasses come with the case and cloth and something stating that these are real? Thanks..
    happy-88
    Posted on: 2008-05-02 00:43
    It is going with case,cloth and tag,they are high quality copy.
    If you have any question,please give me a message,I will try my best to help.
    Thank you,have a nice day!
    ironwoman
    Posted on: 2008-05-02 01:15
    ok! so this is not real chanel sunglasses? they are a copy of chanel.
    happy-88
    Posted on: 2008-05-02 02:04
    Yes.
    ironwoman
    Posted on: 2008-05-02 02:12
    thanks for the honesty. is most ppl on here selling copy namebrands?
    happy-88
    Posted on: 2008-05-02 08:32
    Yes

THERE GOES YOUR ANSWER!! SO MOST OF THEM ARE NOT SELLING THE REAL THING!! BUT THEY ARE TRYING TO TELL YOU THEY ARE GIVING YOU A HIGH QUALITY PRODUCT OF SOMETHING MADE JUST LIKE IT. (ITS NOT REAL!!!!!!) MAYBE SOME PPL LIKE THE REPLICAS THOUGH. I DUNNO!!!

free spirit, May 1, 2008 IP
  9. twkm05@gmail.com

twkm05@gmail.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Sup ppl,
    Jus thought Id give a quick briefing dhgate. Its nothin but thieven chinese ppl lookin for a quick fix. For you looking to buy anythin electronical stay the hell away. I thought Id chance my arm in purchasing the Oakley Razrwire Sunglasses from a seller with 215 f/b. I thought to myself that this was a decent bet so i purchasd them. I received them in the box 6working days later nicely packaged i may add. All was fine until I opened it up. The sunglasses were of inferior quality to something you'd get in a pound shop and the bluetooth unit that came with it didnt even have an ON switch. I jus laughed it off n learned my lesson.
    I had bought many pairs of excellent quality runners from Tradetang.com without any hassle and then i spotted this joke of a site.
    Yeah the prices of things are appealing but just do yourself a favour and stay the hell away. I you have the time(and i mean lots of it) you may find some things that are of decent quality to resell on, say, ebay. All the runners i buy from tradetang make me a nice profit every wk from ebay and some friends of friends but jus simply do not buy electrical goods. You are simply robbing your so stick to something like jeans or other clothing items.

Even though the glasses cost me €43 its still annoying to know some little fucker of a chinese dude/girl has took my money. Oh the other thing was that i wrote a huge letter of feedback upon receiving the item and guess what.........................it never showed up on his trustscore or page. The feedback is clearly c&p from ebay or somewhere like that so just dont go on what the f/b says either. They have that sorted too. Wankers!!!

China, the counterfit capital of the world. And boy didnt i learn. Thankfully i didnt spend too much.
    Let me point out also that I knew that the goods were copies but the quality of the copies is ridiculous. Honestly like!!!!
    Dont expect anythin good from the place.

twkm05@gmail.com, May 21, 2008 IP
  10. Awesome Ninja

Awesome Ninja Peon

Best Answers:
    I was considering buying from DHgate for some replica clothing, whats your views on that?

Awesome Ninja, May 21, 2008 IP
  11. fortify

fortify Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What if the seller explicitly says that they are authentic? Should I buy?

fortify, May 23, 2008 IP
  12. aftermarket

aftermarket Active Member

Best Answers:
    I prefer to source products myself on alibaba, or ec21

aftermarket, May 23, 2008 IP
  13. beatychic

beatychic Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi there,
    i am new here, i just came across this site as i am having hige problems with DHgate, so i decided to see if anyone else had any problems. Wow....... type the phrase "anyone had problems with DHgate?" and there you have it, there are so many ppl out there. Why didn't i do my home work b4??????
    I ordered some ipods also. What a joke!!!!!! The seller doesn't answer an messages, DHgate are no help......they just say open dispute. Yeah genius, i did that......and the seller still doesn't reply. So i decided next best thing, open a dispute with paypal, this seems to have worked as DHgate agreed to p me, they contacted the seller and he inturn contacted me with his details to send parcel back, and i can have a full refund from DHgate. We will se what happens. I will keep you all posted. I am sending package tomorrow. So now, i will never buy from them again. DHgate does nothing for you unless you take more action with them, and still by the sounds of other ppls stories it doesn't always work. What a dodgy site. BEWARE!!!!!

And the seller i bought from was BUSH. Don't buy from him!!!!

beatychic, Jun 12, 2008 IP
  14. soverign

soverign Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,everyone,i personally use DHgate and its been two years now. i never experienced any problems.You can make good profit with DHGATE products.

soverign, Jun 12, 2008 IP
  15. simonyang

simonyang Peon

Best Answers:
    you are so puerility.It is great bizarrerie that the many positive Feedbacks all are from one buyer.Don't be stupid,ok?

simonyang, Jun 16, 2008 IP
  16. dropship

dropship Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are going to find good and bad reviews from all types of people. DHGate can't make everyone happy as they probably deal with hundreds or even thousands of orders per day and just like any other large company you are going to have happy and unhappy customers. They are basically like ebay where they have hundreds of sellers so each one has their own reputation. Sure you can find many bad reviews of them and you should definitely use caution if you plan on buying from them, however if they were a true scam I don't think they would still be around after all these months or years (however long they've been around). If you do plan on using DHGate, here is a site that has the latest coupons.

dropship, Jun 19, 2008 IP
  17. Richardbuyer

Richardbuyer Peon

Best Answers:

I had a terrible experience with dhgate. I don't really think I would like to use them ever again. Sellers there are really hard to choose and hard to tell who is reliable and who is not, unless you paid "some" for the lesson. I recently found Tradetang as well. This site seems to behave exactly as DHgate does, can't tell if it is a OK source now, but i think i'm going to try it, just buying a few cheap things to test it. I'll keep you guys updated what i'll experience there.

Richardbuyer, Jun 24, 2008 IP
  18. yongjj

yongjj Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Tom102;8738329,
    Really appreciate your info. Should do more research bout it. Recently, I've found this basic drop shipping site - http://dropshippingessentials.com
    It is meant for beginners.

yongjj, Aug 4, 2008 IP
  19. Hetzenauer

Hetzenauer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I got burnt by the scammers at DHgate. I placed an order with them for 200+ USD and waited 2 days to confirm payment (which was made by PayPal). After 2 days I started to pressure them, asking why is taking so long to confirm a payment that was made instantly and 1 day later I find my order canceled. No money back, no explanation from them, no reply to my emails, nothing. Now I opened a dispute with PayPal and wait for the outcome. I should have done my homework and search the net about those scammers. My personal advice to anyone willing to deal with DHgate: DON'T !!!

Hetzenauer, Oct 11, 2008 IP
  20. thegreatfixer

thegreatfixer Peon

Best Answers:
    i looked into DHgate and it looks like bad news there are honest (WITH GOOD RATINGS) sellers there but the prices are the same as ebay

and the low priced sellers (have 0/0 ratings and if you think you will get what you ordered from them i got a bridge to sell you

the worst thing about DHgate is that there is no incentive to fix it and put the fakers in there place
    by just letting us filter for seller rating would give an incentive for the fakers to clean up there act or get lost

but dhHATE does not do that and they are to blame for that

thegreatfixer, Dec 16, 2008 IP