1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any experience with 2checkout.com?

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by Heritage, Sep 19, 2006.

Any experience with 2checkout.com? Their fees are higher than Paypal but I assume it is more professional to accept 2checkout than Paypal.

Any thoughts?

Heritage, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  2. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    I did sign up for an account with them from a few years back, not used it yet. However, I purchased several items from vendors using them before and they are a professional bunch. They were quick to assist when requested.

Paypal only supports credit card purchases from the pool of the 55 approved countries while 2checkout supports every single country in the world provided there is no UN or US sanction against them so you have a wider audience. Besides, almost anyone who is a citizen of a country can sign up as a merchant.

Yes, with that said, 2checkout is a better option but of course it means that the customer must have a credit card in order to purchase from you.

eddy2099, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  3. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    a professional payment system accepts
    all major credit cards online
    e-checks
    other banking methods if available locally

all this a.m. is done successfully by paypal since years
    anyone wishing to pay can do so easily using paypal
    i see NO reason at all why any other payment system should appear more professional.,

I use paypal (internationally) since many years with zero problems of any kind. pp is popular, worldwide known and i never had any security issue at all nor any bouncing payment or other reasons to look for another payment system.

hans, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  4. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
  5. Pat Gael

Pat Gael Banned

Best Answers:
    Pat Gael, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  6. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    eddy

i am living and enjoying the Philippine islands BUT NOT from PH
    i have legal pp account and follow strict pp rules
    that is NEVER login to my pp account from PH

there always is a legal solution to any problem - all you need is creative thinking converted into creative working and best friends worldwide
    if you help the world - the world helps you
    its that easy and simple and works for all

hans, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  7. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the update Hans. Well, you cannot say that Paypal is accepted worldwide because not everyone can use it, just those from the priviledged countries. Being creative in terms on accessing your Paypal account goes to show that you need to find ways of circumventing the rules. Kindda not what I would consider widely accepted service.

8. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    when i talk creativity i mean well within any LEGALITY and without circumventing any rules!
    since you have a business in USA and hence in a pp country, any further discussion or elaboration of this topic would be purely theoretical nature and hence a waste of resources

if however
    you as a US citizen would travel the world for a while while working
    you still have legal access to your US bank account and pp account as long as you never access your pp account from a NON-pp country

several years ago pp even offered a 6 months IP DE-block for such travels to enable pp account-access from NON-pp countries - they may still offer it nowadays

other citizens of other pp countries have the same options

but of course if your customers come from mostly NON-pp contries - then pp may be a bad choice
    for payments within such countries however there may be local better options
    here within the PH no one ever would use paypal for payments -. we have far easier and cheaper solutions within PH available to all

if someone in a strictly NON-pp country needs to use pp
    he still can contact any of his international friends and ask them to use THEIR credit card or pp account to make a payment on his behalf - legally
    all you need is a large family taking care of each other
    i remember times when India has been NO pp country but ppl still wanted to make paypal payments - they had to contact friends out of country to so so ... and it worked for all

hans, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  9. marketing

marketing Active Member

Best Answers:
    paypal has less supported countries, which is the main difference between the two. unfortunately 2checkout is less known and because of that is less accepted as a payment gateway. Stormpay was kind of in the same boat until they screwed themselves during the pay to surf problems they dealt with and the thousands of people they screwed over.

marketing, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  10. eXe

eXe Notable Member

Best Answers:
    They are a 3pp provider not merchant account provider.

Yes I've had experience with 2checkout, they suck. They actually call up your clients to "verify" whether they have received what they paid for. Makes your business looks extremely unprofessional.

If you're in the US or can get a hold of a US address & bank account, sign up for paypal's virtual terminal. It's a much better option IMO & you aren't restricted to using it to process sales on only one website, as is the case with 2co.

eXe, Sep 20, 2006 IP
  11. Heritage

Heritage Guest

Best Answers:
    thanks to all for the advise, just what I was looking for. I will probably offer both modes of payment, 2checkout and Paypal (which will save about 5-6%).

As long as 2checkout don't turn into another Paysystems -- who still have
    10k of my money in reserve that I will never see.

Heritage, Sep 20, 2006 IP
  12. smartcard

smartcard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am happy with 2CO because they are not specific to any country (my county no Paypal). And my last 3 years experience with 2CO is very smooth.

smartcard, Oct 19, 2006 IP
  13. eXe

eXe Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Also be aware that you are allowed to use each 2checkout account with only one website.

eXe, Oct 19, 2006 IP
  14. Heritage

Heritage Guest

Best Answers:
    your correct, only one web site, but at $49 per account it is inexpensive to get another.

Heritage, Oct 19, 2006 IP
  15. eXe

eXe Notable Member

Best Answers:
    +
    5.5% plus $0.45 off the retail price of each total order

eXe, Oct 19, 2006 IP