1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any editors of DMOZ around?

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by miko67, Jan 11, 2005.

1. macdesign

macdesign Peon

Best Answers:
    How would you interpret http://editors.dmoz.org/add.html

Identify the single best category for your site. The Open Directory has an enormous array of subjects to choose from. You should submit a site to the single most relevant category. Sites submitted to inappropriate or unrelated categories may be rejected or removed.

Once you've selected the best category for your site, go directly to that category on dmoz.org and then click "suggest URL." Follow the instructions on the submission form carefully.

Procedure After Your Site is Submitted
    An ODP editor will review your submission to determine whether to include it in the directory. Depending on factors such as the volume of submissions to the particular category, it may take several weeks or more before your submission is reviewed. Please only submit a URL to the Open Directory once. Again, multiple submissions of the same or related sites may result in the exclusion and/or deletion of those and all affiliated sites. Disguising your submission and submitting the same URL more than once is not permitted.

------------------------------

Submitting more than once to more than one category not only violates the guidelines, it's inconsiderate, as it makes more work for editors. When editors are trying to weed out the multiples, and get rid of single page submissions by changing them to the base URL, it is highly likely all the submitted pages end up getting deleted by accident.

On top of this, since the multiple submissions cast doubt in the editors mind as to whether someone who uses such tactics [we call them agressive submiiters] is also submiitting copies of mirror web sites, you review is more likely to be delayed, while more investigation is done.

------------------------------

I have someone who keeps doing this, every couple of week he submits a page in his website, it gets changed to the main URL and replaces the previous submission. That ends up dropping it to the bottom of the list. I review that category in date order, he's been doing it for two years, I doubt his site will ever get reviewed.

macdesign, Jan 18, 2005 IP
  2. roadies

roadies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I have never submitted the same url twice, nor are my submissions related.

roadies, Jan 19, 2005 IP