1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any Benefits from Twitter Marketing?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by snogglemedia, Feb 9, 2011.

1. rain21

rain21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    twitter can give you traffic, but you need targeted followers for that.

rain21, Feb 13, 2011 IP
  2. saritayadav

saritayadav Peon

Best Answers:
    twitter marketing is more beneficial for increasing traffic on your site .. you are betting a lot of visitors from twitter ..

saritayadav, Feb 14, 2011 IP
  3. watershawl

watershawl Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with realnetworker that Twitter is more social and so attempts to use it for marketing can sometimes come across like trying to do a sales pitch at a dinner party. The best way imo to market there is to be laser focused on one topic to attract visitors to that are also interested in that one topic. Don't try to be everything to everyone, that won't work.

watershawl, Feb 14, 2011 IP
  4. nicholas07

nicholas07 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you can gather niche targeted followers then twitter traffic can be goldmine for you.

nicholas07, Feb 15, 2011 IP
  5. capstonic

capstonic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, twitter is very powerful tool of marketing. One can get huge amount of traffic with the help of Twitter.

capstonic, Feb 15, 2011 IP
  6. Oceanus

Oceanus Member

Best Answers:
    I've had success using Twitter for marketing. At the least, you can use it to remind people of your site (in moderation so they aren't tempted to unfollow you). It's also great for engaging with clients and building organic followers who may be able to market for you in the future.

Oceanus, Feb 18, 2011 IP
  7. Jay1522

Jay1522 Peon

Best Answers:
    Some times even if you have a large following it still doesn't work. Some time the reason is because you may not have a big influence of your followers. For example if you write something about making a video game. And then the creator of Capcom writes a tweet about making video games... guaranteed all people reading his tweet will follow him and not you. Simply because they know him better than you.

Another things is, a lot of your followers may not even be online at the time you post. So many people and machines are tweeting at the same time, a tweet can fly right by your follower and they just miss it. I think it can be kind of hard marketing on twitter some time because of those veritable I mentioned earlier. I would say to just keep up what your doing while also trying new things.

Jay1522, Feb 18, 2011 IP
  8. HavenX

HavenX Member

Best Answers:
    There are lots of benefits in twitter especially in marketing stuffs if you just know how to use it and use it to your advantage the fact that it's free is the best benefit you can get. Your advertising your product for free isn't it a good benefit.?

HavenX, Feb 19, 2011 IP
  9. Aaron Cook

Aaron Cook Peon

Best Answers:
    If you regularly tweet with some interesting content/links then people are sure to keep clicking, and you will get extra traffic to your site for sure!

Aaron Cook, Feb 19, 2011 IP
  10. loveadsense

loveadsense Peon

Best Answers:
    Twitter marketing always work. U just need to get targeted followers. Don't buy followers, U can follow them using bot and remove them. Do it step by step. **Targeted followers only**

loveadsense, Feb 19, 2011 IP
  11. gethighpr

gethighpr Banned

Best Answers:
    how can twitter and facebook help in business developing?

gethighpr, Feb 19, 2011 IP
  12. Pittsburgh SEO

Pittsburgh SEO Peon

Best Answers:
    No. Nobody uses Twitter. Nobody uses facebook. You should only use irrelevant links placed in every blog you can find to promote your site.
    Of course I am being sarcastic, but I am trying to make the point that following the advice of some of the spammers in this forum will hold you back.
    Seriously - adding followers with a bot then removing them?! That is terrible advice unless you are trying to be the most annoying spammer on the internet. Remember - people use social media to make useful connections, not to get spammed with links to your site. Provide useful and interesting content and you will get followers.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
    Pittsburgh SEO, Feb 20, 2011 IP
  13. slutz

slutz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Twitter can give you a lot of traffic if you market it and aim it right. Once you have a great idea, start tweeting, won't take long for others to follow.

~ Slutz ~

slutz, Feb 20, 2011 IP
  14. mjjp

mjjp Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on what you tweet and your target niche.

mjjp, Feb 22, 2011 IP
  15. rbruce

rbruce Peon

Best Answers:
    Twitter could be helpful to get targeted traffic to your site if you are following real people. There are huge number of spam follower in twitter I think.

rbruce, Feb 22, 2011 IP
  16. Twitter_Money

Twitter_Money Peon

Best Answers:
    It all comes down to quality content, as with many other forms of getting traffic. If you chose to spam and promote constantly, people will not continue to follow you. However, if you post quality content that people find useful, you will eventually gain a loyal following. You can them occasionally throw in an offer, if it is of real value or something that you know from experience that works.

Twitter_Money, Feb 26, 2011 IP
  17. vninfo

vninfo Peon

Best Answers:
    Twitter Marketing very good,but i get 20 vistor from twitter per day,bad.

vninfo, Feb 27, 2011 IP
  18. nchrist

nchrist Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you should follow other twitter accounts that has relevant to your site. Its much better if you follow and share some interesting stuff to make them follow you back.

nchrist, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  19. bhupi_arora

bhupi_arora Peon

Best Answers:
    twitter is SMO best site is get traffic and promote product ya site..

bhupi_arora, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  20. darkwitness

darkwitness Peon

Best Answers:
    personally I found twitter took up a lot more work then I thought. You do have to update a lot and interact to get real results from your twitter followers but it does pay off.

darkwitness, Mar 1, 2011 IP