1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any Benefits from Twitter Marketing?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by snogglemedia, Feb 9, 2011.

I haven't done much Twitter marketing but it seems like it doesn't work well unless you already have a huge following. It's difficult to garner new supporters and unless you can get 100+ retweets it's difficult to see much traffic from it. TweetMeme is a huge source but, again, is very closed-off from the average publisher.

Any heroic tales or stories of success from Twitter marketing? Has anybody had a story go popular on Tweetmeme and seen any good traffic numbers? Would love to hear reports.

snogglemedia, Feb 9, 2011 IP
  2. lgsmith

lgsmith Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes , Twitter marketing is beneficial for increase the traffic to your site .

lgsmith, Feb 9, 2011 IP
  3. infotechdigital

infotechdigital Peon

Best Answers:
    You gotta check out tweet cash. the new biz op will be on a large network soon, and I'll hit you up with the info ;)

infotechdigital, Feb 10, 2011 IP
  4. Annel

Annel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    this is exactly what twitter marketing about, to get tons of followers :)

Annel, Feb 10, 2011 IP
  5. seodash

seodash Member

Best Answers:
    It takes time to see some good results on your twitter marketing. You have to continuously update you twitter profile with useful posts so that more people will become interested to follow you. You should also follow the people who may have an interest to your offered services and reply to their tweets.

seodash, Feb 10, 2011 IP
  6. gonzalod34

gonzalod34 Peon

Best Answers:
    You can get many targeted visitors to your site if have thousands of your niche interested follower in your twitter account.

gonzalod34, Feb 10, 2011 IP
  7. derrickschwan

derrickschwan Peon

Best Answers:
    Traffic for sure.

derrickschwan, Feb 10, 2011 IP
  8. CherryRahtu

CherryRahtu Member

Best Answers:
    I don't rely on tweetmeme, the way to increase twitter followers is to start following your target audiences and wait for them to follow you back, you can do it manually or automatically, you can use a tool called "tweetadder" to find target audiences on twitter and auto follow them, I use it. Gaining followers is only one thing, you need to interact with your followers and participate to the conversation, keep your twitter profile "alive" by posting unique, valuable and relevant tweets regularly. This works in a long run. My twitter followers grow steadily through this way. Hope it helps.

In terms of website traffic,social media might not be the main source, focus on targeting right people and building relationship first, it will help and boost your traffic more or less in future.

CherryRahtu, Feb 10, 2011 IP
  9. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Peon

Best Answers:
    You have to find real followers, in your target niche and to post interesting content.

Gunsmith, Feb 10, 2011 IP
  10. snogglemedia

snogglemedia Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes I have also been building a great follow base.. I have to agree with all your opinions here :D

snogglemedia, Feb 11, 2011 IP
  11. realnetworker

realnetworker Guest

Best Answers:

I agree, you need to post good content, not just promote a product or website all the time. Tweet something that will add value to others. I like to use motivational quotes and personal developement type messages. This gets me a steady increase in followers.

realnetworker, Feb 11, 2011 IP
  12. bbappreview

bbappreview Peon

Best Answers:
    twitter advertising works way better than having a fb page.

bbappreview, Feb 11, 2011 IP
  13. chinasa

chinasa Peon

Best Answers:
    Twitter marketing helps to increase traffics but for that to happen, you have to have enough people following you and you follow back.

chinasa, Feb 12, 2011 IP
  14. realnetworker

realnetworker Guest

Best Answers:

I think most people like to use facebook more as a friendly, social, interacting, kind of site. I know that I keep facebook more for people I actually know in real life. And twitter is where I get followers that I don't know. I feel a bit weird advertising to my FB friends anyway.

realnetworker, Feb 12, 2011 IP
  15. ea1thy

ea1thy Member

Best Answers:
    Use some soft for following tons of guys by searching your keywords and niche, then some of them will automatically follow back to you and voila! - You have visitors and retweets to your site with every tweet sent to them!

ea1thy, Feb 12, 2011 IP
  16. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Twitter marketing is simple - it drives traffic, and can help you with new ideas.
    Do you need help with Twitter marketing? I can show you some articles that help you with it.

ForgottenCreature, Feb 12, 2011 IP
  17. vninfo

vninfo Peon

Best Answers:
    i use too for marketing!

vninfo, Feb 12, 2011 IP
  18. Bret

Bret Guest

Best Answers:
    We've had some fairly good success with our own Twitter campaigns so I would definitely look into it and consider going into it :)

Bret, Feb 13, 2011 IP
  19. MelbourneGraphicDesign

MelbourneGraphicDesign Peon

Best Answers:
    Through Twitter, I was able to form online relationships with people in same and complementary fields. I was able to make connections with graphic and web designers as well as those who are knowledgeable about branding, marketing and even SEO. Through these connections, I was not only able to gain more traffic for my site but I was also able to gain additional knowledge that could help in the services I provide.

MelbourneGraphicDesign, Feb 13, 2011 IP
  20. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    ya, same here. I know I've met a lot of other people in my field - thus, building new relationships

ForgottenCreature, Feb 13, 2011 IP