1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any benefit for a new member here?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by asiandjinn, Jun 12, 2017.

i am a web designer and wordpress developer.i join this forum some time ago but i am unable to post in some area.
    whenever i try to post a message appear that i need to be a established member.
    which can only be done after like......
    no one ever like my any post ..mostly people post in buy sell trade but i am unable?
    what is benefit of account i am having?

asiandjinn, Jun 12, 2017 IP
    robyries likes this.
  2. robyries

robyries Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Depend on what your looking for..

Most new member get here to spam with their link, waiting your contribution..

robyries, Jun 12, 2017 IP
  3. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    You have only 18 posts in over nine months. That hardly makes you a contributing member to the Digitalpoint community.

Basically as said above you need to contribute or purchase premium membership.

Smyrl, Jun 12, 2017 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  4. asiandjinn

asiandjinn Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    if forum is not allowing me to post then how i can post.9 month no one like my post that show how many people are active here.

asiandjinn, Jun 13, 2017 IP
  5. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Be helpful to new members. When a members asks a technical question for which you know the answer, take a few minutes and help the member.

Smyrl, Jun 13, 2017 IP
  6. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Stop whinging, you've posted nothing worth liking.

malky66, Jun 13, 2017 IP
  7. asiandjinn

asiandjinn Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    so you think we must publish articles to get likes by others?

asiandjinn, Jun 13, 2017 IP
  8. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    When I am active on this site, I will average around 5 likes a week. When I am not and only drop by sporadically, I will average perhaps 3 a month. It really is up to you, I would not blame it on how active the site is or isn't.

Spoiltdiva, Jun 13, 2017 IP
  9. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I have never posted any "articles" so I wouldn't know, not sure how I got all mine, probably from being a complete arse.

malky66, Jun 13, 2017 IP
    mmerlinn, sarahk and Smyrl like this.
  10. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Have you spent any time looking around the forum?
    If you had, you'd have noticed that nobody posts "articles". What they do is
    • ask questions
    • let people know about new stuff they've discovered - techniques/companies/software
    • answer questions
    • bicker (sometimes)
    If you're a wordpress designer then you must be pretty good at
    • php
    • javascript and jquery
    • css
    We have sections for those and people do ask questions in there. If you wanted to get all carried away you could do mini articles - like on how to extend jquery datatables, or how to use them within an admin plugin.

Or you could go to the reviews sections and give reviews from the websites category or the design category. If your review is comprehensive and helpful you'll probably get a like from the established members who read your review - which adds credibility as the person asking for the review probably isn't established either and doesn't know who to trust.

And finally, as a wordpress designer you can go head to head with @deathshadow and defend your decision to work with wordpress :)

sarahk, Jun 13, 2017 IP
  11. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Not a good idea, if he is going to go up against @deathshadow he might as well save himself the grief and commit hari-kari.:rolleyes:

Spoiltdiva, Jun 13, 2017 IP
    mmerlinn, malky66 and sarahk like this.
  12. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I was going to post a big long reply, but rather than that I'll just link to an old one:
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/thr...-an-established-member.2709200/#post-19262045

See in particular:

3) ACTUALLY TRY TO HELP OTHERS!!!

Your posts are in broken "Engrish moist goodry", They add little if anything to existing discussions, and are more questions than they are answers. I KNOW that if you are starting out as a beginner helping others with their problems is VERY hard to do... but really that's the best way to get likes and best answers.

Though also, TRYING to at least be comical/funny can help -- as can coming right out and being honest with people whether they want to hear it or not; you end up as likely to get likes as you are to have the crybaby special snowflakes go running to the moderators with "Wah wah, somebodiez saidsdedies sumtings negatives"

Of course, saying you're a designer then mentioning that you use the mind-numbingly ignorant train wreck of how NOT to build a website that is turdpress? NOT helping.

Bottom line though, on any development oriented forums, you can only really get out of it as much as you put into it.

deathshadow, Jun 13, 2017 IP
    mmerlinn, malky66 and sarahk like this.
  13. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Oh also, you've been a member for almost a year -- you've started exactly FIVE threads and only posted replies to fifteen more... That's not even two posts a month, Of COURSE your not established.

It doesn't help when many of your threads -- like the "How DRAG AND DROP HTML SITE BUILDER ARE MADE?" one went unanswered likely from a mix of broken English, and what you were asking about being the antithesis of sane and rational web development. I'm willing to bet MOST of the 'regulars' here -- like myself -- didn't even bother replying to it as we couldn't even do so without getting insulting about it.

Since WYSIWYG / Drag and Drop is mouth-breathing halfwit dumbass rubbish that vomit up broken inaccessible train wrecks of how NOT to build a website -- used by mental midgets who really have zero business even making websites in the first damned place. That post ALONE makes me shudder in horror to think what your websites must look like -- much less how they are implemented!

... and really your posts go downhill from there in terms of content quality.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
    deathshadow, Jun 13, 2017 IP