1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any BBedit users out there coding PHP?

Discussion in 'PHP' started by Mia, Nov 10, 2006.

Hello, I use BBedit to code php and I am having a hell of a time on my new mini at home. I do not have these problems with the same 8.2.4 version of BBedit.

When trying to save php code in .tpl files I get the following message:

"One or more characters were encountered that cannot be represented in the desired text encoding (MacOS Error code: -8754)"

Google yields no solution.... MacOS error codes do not go beyond 5500 to the best of my knowledge, so Apple's site is not helpful either.

Anyone have any ideas? I can't get anything done. Thanx....

Mia, Nov 10, 2006 IP
  2. ccoonen

ccoonen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe try going line-by-line or a block of lines at a time - just to narrow it down and see which character(s) are giving you the trouble. Also maybe checkout the support page for BBedit or even contact them directly and send them your HTML Code and say here's the error, and heres the html :)

ccoonen, Nov 10, 2006 IP
  3. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    The thing is it works with the same version of BBedit on my iBook and on my G4 at work... I think it is a problem related to BBedit itself. I am sure there is something it does not like, but there must be a preference that can be selected to get it to ignore it. Unfortunately I do not have the time to diagnose it... I just TB2'd to my workstation at work and finished my coding for the night that way... Friggin bbedit... Thanx for the suggestions.

Mia, Nov 10, 2006 IP