1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any advantage to multiple listing in dmoz?

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by toocoolforschool, Jun 30, 2005.

Hey guys, I currently have two listings in the dmoz, one for the main page, the other for a specific content page. I think I might get more, if the editor of the categories I submitted for, eventually looks at my submission. Maybe 5 listings overall. Question: is there any advantage to this vis-a-vis the search engines or something else to having multiple listings in dmoz, or is one listing the same as 100 listings?

toocoolforschool, Jun 30, 2005 IP
  2. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    From my testing, it seems to me that Google treats one link from a domain almost the same as one hundred links from the same domain.

Therefore, additional links from the same domain have negligible additional value.

Of course, if your current link is on a low-PR page and the new link is on a high-PR page, then you may see value from the new link.

And then there is always the incredibly remote possibility of direct referrals through your DMOZ link. Hey, it could happen. :)

Will.Spencer, Jun 30, 2005 IP
  3. subseo

subseo Guest

Best Answers:
    Another one is if the links are in categories far away from each other. The various DMOZ clones, some of them don't import complete DMOZ, but might do so with only few sections. So in the end you might have a higher chance of ending up in more DMOZ clones than you would have with just one listing. That's just a theory though.... :)

subseo, Jun 30, 2005 IP
  4. honey

honey Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    makes sense.

honey, Jun 30, 2005 IP
  5. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Which would just get whacked by Google's duplicate content penalty...

Will.Spencer, Jul 1, 2005 IP
  6. Dominic

Dominic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dominic, Jul 1, 2005 IP