1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Antman

Discussion in 'Movies, Music & TV' started by jrbiz, Jul 18, 2015.

Took my 13-year-old son to see Antman at our IMAX theater this afternoon. Great movie with a lot of action. My son liked it a lot, too.

But he and I disagreed on the 3D part. For me, it was not worth the extra money paid to see it in IMAX 3D, which has been the case, in my experience, the last few years with 3D movies, in general. He thought that the 3D was good.

Anyway, it was a good super hero action movie and they set it up for a great sequel, as well. Worth the trip.

jrbiz, Jul 18, 2015 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The modern 3d pisses me off because it makes the movie unwatchable -- without the glasses it's blurry gibberish, with them all I see is a flickering seizure inducing grey. The "polarized lens" effect is completely incompatible with my eyes.

At BEST it's a stupid gimmick typical of a industry in it's death throws.

deathshadow, Jul 19, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I do not have depth perception because my eyes do not work together as they should. I am what we used to call "cross-eyed" though it has been cosmetically corrected so they look coordinated despite not being so. So, older 3D technology from decades ago, never worked for me. Heck, real life 3D does not work for me as I am unable to judge distance by sight, have been told that I could never fly a plane, hit a baseball well, etc.

However, when I first went to Disneyland many years ago and put on their special glasses, it did work a bit in that the little things that jump off the screen and "fly" in front of you actually worked for me! I could not believe it and really enjoyed it. However, those movie features were specifically developed for those unique moments where an object floats in front of you.

So, when I go to a 3D movie these days (especially an IMAX version) that is what I am looking for and it seems like all of the recent 3D movies just enhance the distance between the foreground and the background (no particular special effects) in the standard 2D movie. Completely wasted on me and absolutely not worth the extra fee. And when you factor in $5 sodas, etc., it becomes clear that it is best to wait until the movie goes to DVD, Netflix, etc.

jrbiz, Jul 19, 2015 IP