1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anti-DDoS Programs

Discussion in 'Security' started by Ni9htRider, Apr 17, 2008.

Do you guys know any Anti-DDoS programs for my site? I'm testing out Apache with Windows XP (not on main site).

Ni9htRider, Apr 17, 2008 IP
  2. rootbinbash

rootbinbash Peon

Best Answers:
    you can test snort

rootbinbash, Apr 18, 2008 IP
  3. SSANZ

SSANZ Peon

Best Answers:
    Snort is not a anti-dDOS tool its simply an IDS.

Windows XP? This isn't a server OS...

Really, if your using a windows XP box you can't " stop " a denial of service attack and i can't see why or how you would get dDOS'd most likely on your home connection?

SSANZ, Apr 18, 2008 IP
  4. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If the case is you have a serious DDoS problem you would need do some native stateful inspection from a protection network and this suggest that you need to find a reliable DDoS protection provider.

You have to bear in mind some things though. A cheap plan will most probably offer you no protection. You also have the very expensive options as an alternative but they are recommendable in case your uptime is really important for your daily revenues and if that fits your budget of course. The mid-range plans rely on hyped up technology which isn't capable of handling sophisticated and massive attacks.

Using Litespeed httpd might lift some of the burden off (http://www.litespeedtech.com) but if things get intense I'd recommend you to find a good DDoS protection provider.

turbulence, Apr 21, 2008 IP
  5. uski

uski Peon

Best Answers:
    The only way to be protected against a DDoS is to have more resources than the attacker has.

The worst DDoS attack is, to my opinion, a spoofed SYN flood attack on port 80. There is simply NO way to filter that, no matter what you do. You can enable syn cookies, but it will still kill you by bandwidth exhaustion unless you have more bandwidth than the attacker.

And given the size of some botnets (such as the Storm or Nugache botnets) there is simply NO way to be totally protected.

What are the details of your DDoS attack ? There are some mitigation steps you can take but there is no magic here.

uski, May 2, 2008 IP
  6. vuadapass

vuadapass Peon

Best Answers:
    using "Chanret Anti-ddos Shield", it's the best program for anti-ddos. (http://chanret.com/firewall )

vuadapass, Aug 7, 2009 IP
  7. bulkemailpp

bulkemailpp Peon

Best Answers:
    Try mod_evasive module for apache.

bulkemailpp, Aug 24, 2009 IP