1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anthony's new Avatar???

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by compar, Aug 24, 2004.

1. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Pretty sure that as long as I disagree with you, don't hire you and generally just stay away from, that I will be fine ;)

AC, if you are really want a job, consider thinking of others....

NewComputer, Aug 24, 2004 IP
  2. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Think of other people to get a job from, or think of others feelings? :mad:

anthonycea, Aug 24, 2004 IP
  3. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, become customer service oriented. Basically, become the opposite person from who we know on this forum (I think it is a front here anyways) and you will give yourself a head start. Companies today are looking for people who offer the most care and attention to 'others' wants and needs. At least that is what my clients tell me.

NewComputer, Aug 24, 2004 IP
  4. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    When I was your age I was like that NC, but as you get older and are in business a while you get dammed skeptical of most everyone else in business.

I have had customers wanting to place orders for products by simply sending in their purchase order ($45,000.00 order that would cost me 35 grand to produce) with the expectation that I would ship it out on open account.

I called the guy and mentioned that there was a six week lead time and his credit limit was $5,000.00, he mentioned that he could come up with a $20,000.00 deposit if I would finance the rest on open terms, I would have had to pull 15 Grand out of my pocket even if the guy gave me 20 Grand up front, so you tell me what you would do at that point?

The moral of the story is, when someone comes to you with a deal and really does not have the money to fund it, you can only be so nice and kind to folks.

This guy had nothing but a printing broker letterhead, he was nobody that anyone would give a $40,000.00 line of open credit to.

You run into folks like that everyday in business that want to rip you off, if I would have shipped his deal even if he gave me $20,000.00 up front, there is a snowball chance in hell that I would have gotten paid on the balance.

So I would have lost $15,000.00 by taking the deal.

Needless to say they had the nerve call me to ask if their order was being processed even after I told them all of the above about them having to forward $35,000.00 to get the order started, that would have covered my cost in the deal. These small companies do not have that kind of cash in the bank or credit to get the money.

So you can only be so kind to people, I see the stuff I just mentioned above 4 or 5 times a year from talkers looking to sucker someone into giving them open lines of credit.

anthonycea, Aug 24, 2004 IP
  5. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    LOL - Rock & Roll, Foxy :D

Lever, Aug 25, 2004 IP
  6. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    http://www.eurekster.com/search?p=Q&ts=e&sGroupKeyold=138ac597-bc62-44ae-aab5-580929c807e5&w=led+zeppelin&submit=Search&srt=0&f=

Anyone ever used the Led Zeppelin Search above. Google will not switch the ads to Led Zeppelin or music ads, it likes the title too much at this time to switch the ads to Led Zeppelin music ads.

Why it will not switch over to Led Zeppelin or music industry ads makes me think the spider does not like Led Zeppelin or CD's or Records or Rock Bands.

I just can not figure out why the spider does not like Led Zeppelin or the Recording industry.

anthonycea, Aug 25, 2004 IP