1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anthony's new Avatar???

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by compar, Aug 24, 2004.

Anthony, what's with the new avatar? Is that the three faces of Anthony, rather than the three faces of Eve. I alway thought you had a split personality, but I never suspected a three way split.

No wonder you can't focus man, you don't even know who you are.

And now "will the real Anthony please standup"?

compar, Aug 24, 2004 IP
  2. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    No Bob, not any of those folks are me, but 2 of them are my childhood heros.

You may not know the names of those in the photo, but it is a funny as hell photo. If someone tells me how to post it in this thread so folks can see it I will.

anthonycea, Aug 24, 2004 IP
  3. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    I want to see a bigger version...

Jimmy and John... YEAH MAN!!!

SEbasic, Aug 24, 2004 IP
  4. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    How can I post a photo in the thread SE?

5. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    How about as an attachment?

Yours

Thorn in side ;)

Lever, Aug 24, 2004 IP
  6. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    As an attachment - I want to be able to see the bloody thing :)

Foxy, Aug 24, 2004 IP
  7. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Whats up Lever, you know that was just a joke about you being a thorn in my side, Compar is King when it comes to thorns. You are just a beginner, but tell me how to do this, exact instructions needed.

You are not dealing with a coder or a programmer here man.

But I do well at bitching about a lot of things :D

8. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    LOL Antony, when you "Reply to Thread" there's an "Additional Options" box underneath... there's an 'Attach Files' bit there...

Can't be more exact than or that I'd be typing for ever... :)

Lever, Aug 24, 2004 IP
  9. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Well, I think I figured it out, now you guys are in trouble, I know how to post photos. :D

The photo is one of the two founders of Led Zeppelin, Robert Plant and Jimmy Page, with a brownnose Dennis Rodman in the middle, that is why the photo is so funny.

It was taken in 1998 at the Page & Plant concert in Chicago.

I seen them in Cleveland at that time, ass kicking show, take my word for it, I did tape the show, but went in drunk to the show and had the high performance recorder on pause the whole show, never looked to see if the dammed tape was spinning, even flipped the tape over by my watch, but since I was taping in secret I never checked to see that the cassette was spinning, what an ARSE! Missed the greatest Bootleg recording I would have ever made. :mad:

Rodman somehow got backstage to pose with Jimmy and Bob, he gave Page a Chicago Bulls T-shirt and ballcap for the photo I guess.

One of the funniest photos ever, Rodman will do anything to get in front of a camera.

One day I want to take a photo with a star, Shawn may let me take one with him in front of his Hummer parked in front of his mansion one day.

I could always mow the lawn or kill ants or something in return :cool:

Attached Files:

10. Foxy

Best Answers:
    Led Zeppelin - one of the best

Foxy, Aug 24, 2004 IP
  11. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Did you get the new DVD of the vintage concerts yet Foxy?

I am trying to flip the ADSENSE ADS to LED ZEPPELIN related ads, so lets see if we can do it and test the interface and how quick it responds.

Maybe we will see ads for Music and Led Zeppelin merchandise if we keep stuffing the thread with Led Zeppelin keywords.

You know the Led Zeppelin industry is a multi-billion dollar business.

12. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I downloaded the entire Led back catalogue the other day (as well as the doors ; )

Led Zeppelin are the best as Are Led Zeppelin. But you mustn't forget Led Zeppelin.

SEbasic, Aug 24, 2004 IP
  13. Foxy

Best Answers:
    No I haven't yet got that Led Zeppelin DVD but will do so as testing the response rate for Led Zeppelin is a cool Led Zeppelin idea and then we can all Led Zeppelin away ;)

Foxy, Aug 24, 2004 IP
  14. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    All this talk reminds me how much i miss my Led Zeppelin Album - Led Zep IV - I lent it out ten years ago now... Foxy, Antony, either of you two got any Led Zeppelin Memorabilia?

Lever, Aug 24, 2004 IP
  15. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Man, I am 45, so I grew up with these guys, seen them two nights in a row at the Richfield Coliseum in Ohio in 1977. We lived and died with those guys in the 1970’s, we died in 1980 when John Bonham drank himself to death before the 1980 tour. Led Zeppelin as a band was finished right after he died, he was that important to them, the guy was the greatest Rock Drummer ever. Bands still advertise in the Rock Magazines for “Bonham style” drummer wanted.

John Henry Bonham hated to tour and got so nervous before hitting the road that he turned to hard drink to relieve the stress, he relieved the stress quite well since he never woke up from the hard liquor that killed him.

We still had tickets in our hands ready to go to the concert, what a let down for an entire generation.

I always thought that they were just too powerful and a higher power was dealing with them for capturing the attention of so many young kids. John Paul Jones (one of the original founders of the band) mentioned a few years back, that is was like the rug got pulled out from beneath their feet when Bonham was taken away.

These guys were so popular when they first came to Cleveland in the early 70’s that the kids broke the windows in the Richfield Coliseum and rushed into the concert in mass to get into a sold out show.

Needless to say, next time they came to Cleveland, Ohio, the police were ready with security that included K-9 dogs and full riot gear. The police were not expecting a riot to get in the building the first time Zeppelin came to town and it was quite a funny story that made front page news at the time.

It just goes to show how much adults are out of touch with what kids are into. I would not know what 18 year olds are listening to today or what is hot with them, so I can relate to the adults that did not expect a riot when Led Zeppelin first came to Cleveland. But I will tell you this, that we were the most radical generation of dope heads and hippies the world will ever see. Post war folks (Vietnam) were the greatest rebels against society ever.

Wild times man, wild times.

16. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Go here http://www.photobucket.com/, create a free account, upload the image and then copy the url it creates. Done like dinner.

NewComputer, Aug 24, 2004 IP
  17. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    You got that moderator hat on again NC :D

Thanks man, good contact for everyone, I think you are Shawn's favorite member after me NC. :)

I should show up at your place and mess up the China one day, what do you think? :rolleyes:

18. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    haha, you better bring a friend. You mess up my China and my wife, all 5 feet 5 inches and 115lbs of her, would put you in a world of hurt. She loves her collectibles. As for Shawn's favorite 'after' you..... not a chance. I just like to help people realize their 'goals'.

PS: Get the photo uploaded.

NewComputer, Aug 24, 2004 IP
  19. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Shawn's favorite after me would mean you are second in line to be banned :eek:

20. Foxy

Best Answers:
    Nah that went with the previous wives.... ;)

Foxy, Aug 24, 2004 IP