1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Answering Allegations about Islam - !!! Come And Join Us !!!

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Postingpays, Sep 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaree

jaree Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

You know what Arnie? I have nothing personal for you and i was more then happy to argue about "right" issues and questions here however i told you in my first offical post in this thread that"Keep your toungue in your control". People who cannot control themself or their tounge are considered IGNORANT in my eyes. Since you could not keep control of your toungue i will not argue with you and i will not to anyone who cannot control themself. I do not change my mind every second either.

I said you didnt read it because there are answers to every question with quotes and proof from bible in that article on where it meant Muhammed(pbuh) and why?.

Sorry to say but i do not want to argue with you anymore since i feel there is no point of doing that. :)

jaree, Oct 19, 2006 IP
  2. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, it doesn't make him a God.
    The kind worshipped God, because Danel has opened his eyes and furthermore honored Daniel.

Arnie, Oct 19, 2006 IP
    debunked likes this.
  3. Postingpays

Postingpays Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I don't think that most of the Translations of Bible will not agree with you there. This is not the matter of only 1 Guy saying No or Yes. The matter of Religions are Discussed on the Basis of Sacred Scriptures that Have. Now I will quote some of the Biblical Translations to make this more clear to you.

It was quite common to often find Christians claiming Jesus is God based on the fact he was worshipped, and he did not reject that worship. Christian's assume that as a result of this, this then makes Jesus God.

same as Above if,

So now thats 5 english translations, and one arabic translation which all say Daniel was worshipped. Also in all of them Daniel does not reject this worship ??

Postingpays, Oct 19, 2006 IP
  4. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's what the king did, right? - to prostrate and recocgnize Daniels God as the all powerfull.
    That time it would have been a death sentence to reject a Kings action. The King ordered others that insence and myrthe should be offered to Daniel, did you get it? - he ordered it as an authority and realized his helplessness through Daniel. Daniel never said its because of me but always refered to God.
    I'm pretty sure that this didn't mean anything to Daniel, he still kept praying to God.
    But if you like the word worship so much, was there anyone else worshipping him?

prostrate means -
    1. to cast (oneself) face down on the ground in humility, submission, or adoration.
    2. to lay flat, as on the ground.
    3. to throw down level with the ground.
    4. to overthrow, overcome, or reduce to helplessness.
    5. to reduce to physical weakness or exhaustion.
    –adjective 6. lying flat or at full length, as on the ground.
    7. lying face down on the ground, as in token of humility, submission, or adoration.
    8. overthrown, overcome, or helpless: a country left prostrate by natural disasters.
    9. physically weak or exhausted.
    10. submissive.
    11. utterly dejected or depressed; disconsolate.
    12. Botany. (of a plant or stem) lying flat on the ground

Are there any prayers known of muhammad?

Arnie, Oct 20, 2006 IP
  5. Skynt

Skynt Peon

Best Answers:
    Hes reading into the scripture arnie, the truth of the matter is that you must look back to the hebrew word. If you understand the hebrew word, you'll realize it could be translated into english - worship, bow, lay flat on the ground, submit, etc.

You can't say that he literally worshiped daniel. Besides, I'm sure you've used the word worship in its other meanings, like, "I worshipped that character in Star Wars throughout my childhood." It doesn't mean you actually worshipped the character, it just means you were fasicinated with the character, but obviously, you wouldn't choose that character over your parent in reality.

See what I mean?

Skynt, Oct 20, 2006 IP
  6. Postingpays

Postingpays Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So, According to you the worshi doesn't make anyone God ??

Is that right, As according to you If Danel was worshipped it doesn't really mean worshipped. Ok, than moving this point some more...

What about the christians Who Believed Jesus (pbuh) to be Worshipped as He was worshipped by the Angels and He didn't Deny that ??

Were the rules seperate for Jesus (pbuh) and Danel ??

Postingpays, Oct 20, 2006 IP
  7. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Daniel was a prohet
    Jesus is God

As he said: My Father (God) and I are one.

Sometime I see buddhist worshipping trees. Does the tree turn into God?
    Sometimes I see that catholics worshipp Marry the mother of Jesus, does that make her a godess?
    Sometimes I see muslims worship a black stone in Mekka, does that make the stone a god?

Some words in Hebrew can be translated into 70 different words.
    The Bible was written in Old-Greek though.

But you're right with the meaning of worship, this why the scriptures is pointing out that God understands the depths of our heart , that's why we speak in different tongues and he still understands every minute detail of our prayers and thoughts.

Arnie, Oct 20, 2006 IP
  8. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Ummm... you might wish to clarify that statement.

Will.Spencer, Oct 23, 2006 IP
  9. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

The Language of New Testament Times
    Alexander the Great (356-323 B.C.) conquered the Middle East in about 332 B.C. or over 300 years before the time of Jesus Christ, so the common language of the conquered peoples inherited by the Latin speaking Romans was the "koine" form of Greek, as we read in ENCYCLOPAEDIA BRITANNICA (vol. 1, p. 576, 1973):
    "Alexander's short reign marks a decisive moment in the history of Europe and Asia ... it spread Hellenism in a vast colonizing wave throughout the Near East and created, if not politically, at least economically and culturally, a single world stretching from Gibraltar to the Punjab, open to trade and social intercourse and with a considerable overlay of common civilization and the Greek "koine" as a lingua franca. It is not untrue to say that the Roman Empire, the spread of Christianity as a world religion, and the long centuries of Byzantium were all in some degree the fruits of Alexander's achievement." ​
    This led to the translation of the Old Testament into Koine Greek (as opposed to classical Greek of the philosophers) in the Septuagint (LXX) in Alexandria in the middle of the third century B.C. This is affirmed in the Interpreter's DICTIONARY of the BIBLE (Vol. R-Z, p. 277, Abington:1962):
    "NT Koine is not simply the everyday Greek of an Eastern people in the first Christian Century; its religious vocabulary derives ultimately, not from the Greek world, but from the Hebrew world of the OT through the medium of LXX Greek." ​
    The situation in NT times was similar to what we have today, but with different languages. The Jews used the ancient Hebrew when reading their prayers and scrolls in the synagogue, but needed a modern Koine Greek translation to understand what they were reading. Most quotations in the NT from the OT are from the Greek LXX which explains some of the differences in wording between the Hebrew and the Greek in our present day translations.
    The Jews of NT times spoke Aramaic at home and in conversations. Aramaic was similar Hebrew and Arabic. (al-Rahmaan, al-Rahiim, in the Fatiha of the Quran were probably derived from the Aramaic language). In business life and official writings they used the common Koine Greek that all peoples in the area used for hundreds of years. They actually thought and talked in at least two or three languages as people do today. The Roman occupiers of the Holy Land at that time spoke Latin and Greek. Evidence of the three languages used in that time is found in the New Testament itself in the Gospel of John 19:19-20:(NIV)
    "Pilate had a notice prepared and fastened to the cross. It read: JESUS OF NAZARETH, The King of the Jews. Many of the Jews read this sign, for the place where Jesus was crucified was near the city, and the sign was written in Aramaic, Latin and Greek." ​
    There are other evidences such as "talitha cumi", little girl arise, and "maranatha" Lord come, in Aramaic. These show that the people were multi-lingual. Greek was the main means of communication but the heart language of the people was Aramaic. The language of formal worship was Hebrew, most likely with Aramaic interpretation and explaination. The New Testament and Gospels, which were written for Jews scattered all over the Mediterranean world were naturally written in the common language of Koine Greek so that all could understand and benefit. Koine Greek was much more expressive and more easily translated into western Latin based languages and therefore the entire world benefited.

...the Q is the memories of the disciples who heard Jesus say these things. They were thinking in Aramaic, but they wrote them down in Greek, similar to Arab students who study in the Hebrew University think in Arabic, but write their thoughts down in Hebrew!"
    Dr. Lindsey's brilliant scholarly work in translating the Gospel of Mark from Greek into modern Hebrew is the basis of a new book by his partner in translation, Dr. David Flusser, Professor Emiritus of Judaism in the Second Temple Period and Early Christianity at the Hebrew University in Jerusalem. Flusser's book, entitled JESUS, was published in 1997 by Magnes Press of the Hebrew University in Jerusalem.

Now this one may be new for most of us, but is worth while to consider ...

The Effect of the New Testament Languages on Muslims
    I am not surprised that many Muslims who try to understand the languages of the NT get confused when they study the textbooks, since there are so many differing theories in New Testament studies. I challenge my Muslim and Christian friends to concentrate more on the original writings in the Bible and the Quran, and less on the speculations of the scholars. I have been reading both Books in Arabic for these 30 years and find that the Bible is the best interpreter of the Quran. No one can really understand the Quran unless he studies the Bible also. This is verified in the Quran. The Church in the day of Muhammad was a far cry from the Church of the NT, which explains much of Muhammad's reactions to the Christianity he experienced in his day. This is another subject which we will not cover now.
    What needs to be said is that the Church is responsible for the Quran! Why, you ask? Because the Gospels and the Bible were not translated into the Arabic language in the time of Muhammad, five-six centuries after Christ. The Church did not care about those remote Arabs in the mountains and deserts of Arabia until they found them at their doorsteps demanding that they believe in Islam! The Church had the Bible in Greek, Aramaic, Latin and many other languages but it did not have it in Arabic! They only translated parts of the New Testament into Arabic after Christians began converting to Islam. So, the Arabs did not have a heavenly book in their own language. The uniquness of the Quran is that it is a message in "lisaanun arabiyyun mubiinun" or, 'pure Arabic language.' (Surat al-Nahl 16:103) Christians should not fault the Muslim for having another Book in his own language when our spiritual forefathers did not give them the one that they had.
    Of course, the lack of an Arabic translation of the Bible is no longer an excuse since we now have the Bible in good Arabic, as well as the languages of millions of Muslims today; Urdu, Bengali, Farsi, and others. In the same way the Quran has been interpreted into English, French and German and a majority of the languages used in the Western world. So neither Christian nor Muslim has an excuse for not knowing the Holy Book of the other.
    The energy spent on argument over the language of the New Testment and the transmission of the Quran should be transfered to a sincere reading of both Books. The understanding we receive from both Books will enable us to better relate to each other and to solve the problems of the pluralistic and troubled world in which we live. Dr. Ray Register

Arnie, Oct 23, 2006 IP
  10. ViciousSummer

ViciousSummer Ayn Rand for President! Staff

Best Answers:
    Yes, that's true. I've seen a bible and I know people that claim to be Christians (although, they don't actually live, or even try very hard to live, a pure life, so...Oh wait, they pray and say that they are "sorry" for "sinning", so it's all better ;)...). But, I have never seen, nor has there even been proof that God or any of the other ficitional characters in the Bible ever existed. Maybe that's what that guy means...:D

ViciousSummer, Oct 23, 2006 IP
  11. reapr

reapr Peon

Best Answers:
    Look like you have been playing with your ouija board again. :eek:

reapr, Oct 23, 2006 IP
  12. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just got an infraction for this post on 23rd which was posted on the 18th and a red rep with the comment: You are just idiot bitch:D :D . Now is that rude or not? - of using the anoymity to show the real face. Whoever it was, shame on you. I for myself don't have to hide with my fact findings and opinions.

Lets explain then in other ways.

If you run a multinational company and approx. 10% go completly out of the way, the whole company is at stake and must collapse.

In only talking about a few doesn't mean that the whole religion will be not at stake.
    - Perhaps for good. No matter from what angle one looks the results will be the same.

There is no other "religion" in this world that needs to refer to other scriptures and the Son of God not without distorting the truth in the hope to gain credibility.

I'm deeply insulted by this as a Christian.

Arnie, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  13. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ... to Shawn and his team ...

would be nice to see the infractions on the posts as well just for reference to others.

Arnie, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  14. suitsme

suitsme Peon

Best Answers:
    "Sometime I see buddhist worshipping trees. Does the tree turn into God?
    Sometimes I see that catholics worshipp Marry the mother of Jesus, does that make her a godess?
    Sometimes I see muslims worship a black stone in Mekka, does that make the stone a god?"

I worship chocolate but not as much as Jesus!

suitsme, Oct 25, 2006 IP
  15. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Jesus worshipped chocolate more than you do? :p

Is that why we eat chocolate bunnies on Easter? :D

Will.Spencer, Oct 25, 2006 IP
  16. suitsme

suitsme Peon

Best Answers:
    Ya and we bite off the head first, it's a subliminal message!

suitsme, Oct 25, 2006 IP
  17. BRUm

BRUm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think they technically meditate under them. Mmmmm.. Bodhi tree :)

BRUm, Oct 27, 2006 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.