1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Another scammer

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by gift-online, Jul 22, 2012.

1. gift-online

gift-online Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    gift-online, Jul 9, 2013 IP
  2. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I'm Indonesian and often hear that words.
    I do would think hundreds of times to do a business activity with Indonesian. I'm Indonesian and already got bad impression from country-mate whom selling phones and cameras in my favorite local online stores. But I didn't hate all Indonesian.:)

I'm proud to be Indonesian and always say: "Yes, I know there are so much scammers from my country but not all indonesian are scammers (I understand you didn't say all indonesian are scammer). However, I do recommend not to do business with Indonesian. If you have to, make sure to choose the right person. I didn't judge people by country or continent. Pakistan, India, USA, England, etc, I think them equally. Yes I know there are few countries with 'high risk' (it is important to add 'high risk factor' into consideration while doing business). I judge people From their profiles and history of his/her past activities."

Please understand my opinion didn't represent any or all people in Indonesia.
    For Indonesian:
    "Everyone are free to share their opinions. If anyone said Indonesian are scammers, bad persons or anything like that, Let's think it as positive critics. We should think it as a challenge to prove ourselves if Indonesian are good person which is always willing to help the others. I always teach my students to be good person, the same way how my beloved teachers taught me in the past."

For OP: Apology for discussing Off Topic in your thread. I wish you success with your business.

Arick.
    A member in DP whom really proud to be Indonesian.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
    Arick unirow, Jul 9, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk and malky66 like this.
  3. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You are forever quoting the bible, now it's my turn: "Judge not and ye shall not be judged, for judgement is mine alone sayeth the lord God".

Spoiltdiva, Jul 9, 2013 IP
  4. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I like your post because it remain me of an old friend in high tech City California. A pastor who really love to help the other. I remember talking about him and his apprentice in another thread. He like to talk about bible and I really like his opinion to help homeless peoples in California. I'm younger than him and still have long ways to go. If he could be great person, there is high chance I could be better than him. He like my spirits and somewhat I miss him now.:)

Arick unirow, Jul 9, 2013 IP
  5. Wordpress Design

Wordpress Design Member

Best Answers:
    Don't judge, you don't have rights to do it.. Only if there are rotten apple, doesn't mean it is whole tree..

Wordpress Design, Jul 9, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  6. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Your statement is quite sweeping, even if you did write "usually" (a chip on your shoulder at all?). Anyone from anywhere can be a scammer. Always take care when doing business with anyone. Whether it's the UK, USA, Indonesia, Malaysia, Canada, Germany, Sweden or wherever. Irrespective of religion, ethnicity, nationality, gender, etc. Like sarahk mentioned, do due diligence and check post history carefully.

ryan_uk, Jul 9, 2013 IP
    Arick unirow and sarahk like this.
  7. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    ryan_uk you've probably heard of Nigerian scammers. I know what you're saying is true, we shouldn't judge people by where they are from, but the thing is, if you scam me while living in the UK I can still sue you even if I am in the US. And vice versa. Our governments have an agreement about that and our laws still work in that regard. The reason that Nigerian (and there are a few other countries) scammers are so blatant is they know that the US or the UK laws have NO effect on what they do. If a scammer from Nigeria gets hold of your bank account and takes half a mil from it - you will just have to say good by to your money. So, no... The scammers from Sweden or Germany or USA are not and will never be as blatant (or brutal, if you wish) as the ones that craigslist warns about.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
    qwikad.com, Jul 9, 2013 IP
  8. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure I get your point. I used to work with a Nigerian guy and did not say to him, "usually you lot are scammers." And you want to talk about brutality. Bernard Madoff? Look that scumbag up. There are plenty more "people" like that in the UK, USA or wherever. So, yes, scammers can be from anywhere and be very brutal from anywhere. Personally, regardless of where someone is from, I'm going to take the same care. It would be stupid not to.

ryan_uk, Jul 9, 2013 IP
  9. superrichguy

superrichguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have not found this to be true. I would do business with anyone as long as I did my research on them first. And I never pay up front, I only pay when the work is done. I was only ripped off once from some kid in the USA and I tracked him down and called his mom and she wrote me a check and it didn't bounce...haha He was pissed at me when I told his mom..

superrichguy, Jul 9, 2013 IP
  10. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:

Not to contradict for the sake of contradicting, but now I am not following you. What does Bernard Madoff have to do with anything? I know who he is and I watched his downfall. You took the worst case scenario (which happens once in 50 years or so) which really doesn't prove anything or explain how scammers in the US are worse than the ones in Nigeria. I am talking about your everyday people who are bent on scamming others and they make a living out of it. There's a whole Wikipedia page dedicated to that. Check out what other countries are more likely to be involved in that type of scams: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_scam

Facts do not lie.

qwikad.com, Jul 9, 2013 IP
  11. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    The funny thing is that tourists who travel to Nigeria come home talking to about how lovely the people are. The population is huge, the visible few do not dictate the morals and way of life of the majority.

sarahk, Jul 9, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk and Arick unirow like this.
  12. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    And what? Do you think every Nigerian is sat at a computer conducting 419 scams? Or that all 419 scams come from there? (Join an anti-419 community, you'll soon find out.)

Just because scammers in the USA, UK or wherever else wear suits doesn't excuse what they did. Any act of it is sickening. You seem to need to push the fact that some countries are supposed to be worse. Frankly, scammers from anywhere are truly awful. It's very sad to read when the victims of a scammer (who could be from anywhere) are murdered or commit suicide. So, frankly, there is nothing that makes American scammers better and Nigerian ones worse. They are all equally scum.

What does Bernard Madoff have to do with scamming? Well, he was a scammer. You seem upset that I pointed out an American scammer. I can mention others: Sanford Wallace, Michael Lyndsay, Frank Abagnale, among many others. Do you need more examples? Maybe a small time scammer. Or this one. Or this one even?

ryan_uk, Jul 10, 2013 IP
  13. globalflex

globalflex Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes interesting name to display.... enough said

globalflex, Jul 10, 2013 IP
  14. black_paranoid

black_paranoid Member

Best Answers:

:rolleyes: hahahhahaha, don't judge the people by their username

black_paranoid, Jul 10, 2013 IP
  15. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    your username is part of your self-marketing and yes, it is the first impression people have of you. Expect judgement.

sarahk, Jul 10, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  16. black_paranoid

black_paranoid Member

Best Answers:
    eye-catching 'aight?

black_paranoid, Jul 10, 2013 IP
  17. SEO Link Manager

SEO Link Manager Active Member

Best Answers:
    @gift-online

you are really genius...every time while that guy used difference name you detected.

Thanks buddy for giving information.

SEO Link Manager, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  18. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Actually what I find "eye catching" are the red letters on your username. Maybe we will have to refer to you as *red_paranoid* from now on?:cool:

Spoiltdiva, Jul 11, 2013 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  19. gift-online

gift-online Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
  20. Jaman3

Jaman3 Active Member

Best Answers:
    thank mate, always careful to make a deal here

Jaman3, Nov 14, 2013 IP