1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Another round of bans going on

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by SEO Jeff, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Chili

Chili Peon

Best Answers:
    In terms of myspace traffic it makes sense that anything requiring a credit card purchase would be horrible conversions for advertisers. So, it then makes perfect sense to show credit card ads, as we know the demographic needs them. Also, any other category of ads that "convert" for advertisers by not a purchase, but an application or form being filled out... jobs,financial aid, etc.

Chili, Nov 22, 2006 IP
  2. karagold

karagold Peon

Best Answers:
    ypn is smarter than that. i doubt they are looking purely at whether someone buys something from the advertiser site (as most advertisers dont expect to make a sale from the first visit each and every time). i'm sure factors like what other ads are these IPs clicking on, how often are they clicking, where did they come from, how did they get to the originating site, how long did they stay on the advertiser site, where did they go after clicking the ad, did they click something else, did they go back to the originating page, how related was the ad to the originating page. nothing is every black and white. if you are targetting minors (regardless of ad category), you are more than likely going to get terminated for low quality traffic, even if you are targetting kids toys or playstation games (or the very thing they would most likely be interested in getting).

jmo

karagold, Nov 22, 2006 IP
  3. Chili

Chili Peon

Best Answers:
    Those are valid points, but don't forget myspace traffic can represent very diverse demographics... Yes there's the minors, which would be considered low quality traffic, but there's also a large number of young professionals that do have and spend money online.

I think a lot of it has to do with how users find your site. If your targeting "myspace layouts" chances are the traffic will be less valuable than if they typed in something like "customize myspace profile" to find you in the serps.

Chili, Nov 25, 2006 IP
  4. Kaabi

Kaabi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow from what I've read Yahoo are being pretty mean... but if I could get an invite, I would still use them.

Kaabi, Nov 25, 2006 IP
  5. karagold

karagold Peon

Best Answers:
    ypn is far from being mean. at least they are paying terminated publishers, unlike some other criminal contextual organizations out there.

karagold, Nov 25, 2006 IP
  6. ArcticPro

ArcticPro Banned

Best Answers:
    *cough* AdSense *cough*

ArcticPro, Nov 25, 2006 IP
  7. hereyago

hereyago Active Member

Best Answers:
    interesting thread...

so is it true that yahoo is just banning people they dislike?

hereyago, Nov 25, 2006 IP
  8. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, they ban people that wear blue hats too. :)

Red Thunder, Nov 25, 2006 IP
  9. wentworth

wentworth Guest

Best Answers:
    YPN is not mean, they're nice.

wentworth, Nov 26, 2006 IP
  10. Tracey12

Tracey12 Peon

Best Answers:
    i didnt think they banned people for poor conversion? how low is too low because i dont make much from YPN either.....i only manage maybe $5/per day and thats if i advertise with adbrite......:(

im scared of loosing my account now. i dont want to either because YPN is the best i've used to far.

Tracey12, Nov 26, 2006 IP
  11. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    cross your fingers!

IamNed, Nov 26, 2006 IP
  12. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    they don't care about low performance, they care about low conversions. there's a difference.

low conversions would mean you're getting tons of clicks and getting paid a lot of money but none of the people advertising are getting the visitors from your site to "convert" to customers.

disgust, Nov 26, 2006 IP
  13. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No that is wrong, Poor conversion in the Publishers aspect, means your getting a huge number of visitors however clicks are low... at a lower percentage than average and this often represents poor quality traffic.

Many sites do not track conversions using Yahoo's conversion code so therefore it is not possible for Yahoo to always determine if the advertisers goals were met... therefore they cannot use the basis implied.

Sem-Advance, Nov 27, 2006 IP
  14. karagold

karagold Peon

Best Answers:
    im pretty sure that disgust is correct in what ypn means by low conversions, at least in the respect to the termination of publishers for low quality traffic and poor conversions. although, i do agree, many advertisers either dont use ypns conversion tracking or are unable to use their conversion tracking code due to their conversion being something other than a sale or getting to a particular page.

now that you put some doubt, i would love to know the clarification on this. i would feel so much better if Sem were right. its impossible to know whether or not your clicks are "converting" for the advertiser and whether or not you should be worried about being terminated for this. but, im pretty sure they are referring to advertiser conversions.

jmo

karagold, Nov 27, 2006 IP
  15. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you look at it there has to be a conversion percentage placed on publishers in any advertising network, so that Yahoo or any other media seller (Google) can charge for the content network of their ad offerings.

Sem-Advance, Nov 27, 2006 IP
  16. Tracey12

Tracey12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for clarifying. I understand now. Some of the sites on my ads arent shopping sites so I think I'm OK....Well at least I hope.

Tracey12, Nov 27, 2006 IP