1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

another hosting vs dns problem

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by mohamad1983, Jan 28, 2005.

hi there
    i have registerd the domain name fair designs and i have hosted a space at the same webhost and registrar but the problem is that the r separated i mean the hosting service has nothing to do with the domain name.....in other way the domain name has no hosting space :confused: :eek: HELP ME AGAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNN :eek:

mohamad1983, Jan 28, 2005 IP
  2. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    If you have web space with a hosting company , alert them that you want to host www yourdomain com with them so that they can set up their name servers for your web. Then go to your resistrar and set name servers to those of your host.

Shannon

Smyrl, Jan 28, 2005 IP
  3. J.D.

J.D. Peon

Best Answers:
    1. Ask your hosting company for their DNS server names and addresses (i.e. managed by your hosting company). There should be at least two of each.

2. Go to your doman name registrar's control panel and enter these names and addresses.

3. Give it a couple of hours to propagete.

4. If you have a virtual website, make sure that your hosting company configured their web server to to recognize your domain name (talk to them, they will know what you are talking about)

J.D.

J.D., Jan 28, 2005 IP