1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Another Child Sacrifices Himself On the Alter Of His Parents Irrationality

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by stOx, May 12, 2009.

1. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Look what your knee jerk reaction has got you pretending to believe nate; That a person who saves children's lives is "equal" to one who rapes and murders them.

Let me ask you this nate.
    If you were given the ability to spontaneously create people, Would you create 10 doctors or 10 child rapists?
    and why pick doctors, as i assume you will, if doctors aren't superior and mass murdering paedophile are, as you claim, in your own words, "equal"?
    Aww, bless his little cotton socks.
    oh, so you are saying people aren't equal in intelligence, abilities, what they are able to contribute and their capacity and some people are inferior to others in different areas... Kind of exactly what i was saying, but reworded in an attempt to agree with me without admitting it. How disingenuous of you.
    The word that precedes the word "inferior". People can be inferior in many different ways and different things can make them inferior, I didn't think you needed them all listed.
    I'm saying mentally ill people are inferior too, mentally. otherwise we wouldn't try to cure mental illness, would we.

If being mentally ill is "equal" to not being mentally ill why do we spend so much resources trying to cure mental illnesses and nothing trying to cause them?

stOx, Jun 6, 2009 IP
  2. ncz_nate

ncz_nate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Doctors aren't born doctors, mass murdering pedophiles aren't born as mass murdering pedophiles. Events, environment, culture and circumstances shape the way we act. I'm not excusing anyone from what they do, but get a clue man.. a kid that grows up being molested and beaten everyday by his dad isn't going to grow up to be a well-meaning doctor. Similarly, a kid growing up with loving parents who give them all of their attention is not going to grow up to be a mass murdering paedophile.

Cause and effect, I was hoping you'd know about stuff like that.

Sympathy and pity aren't necessary to understand cause and effect.

I don't know if your rigid mind will be able to comprehend this, but there's a socially accepted difference between being inferior in some area, and being an inferior human being.

Sorry but you didn't include the type of inferiority before it, "mentally".

Here's what you wrote..

"If you want to be surrounded by inferior "happy" people i'm sure we can arrange a visit to a mental institution."

Don't clutch at straws bro, you're losing this and it's painful for me to witness.

ncz_nate, Jun 6, 2009 IP
  3. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Not answering the simple question written in plain English which was put directly to you? I wonder why! :rolleyes:

stOx, Jun 6, 2009 IP
  4. ncz_nate

Best Answers:
    I just finished explaining why that hypothetic scenario is impossible. Stop being a simpleton for a minute and make a logical response to my argument.

ncz_nate, Jun 6, 2009 IP
  5. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I know you can't actually do it, brainiac, i was asking what you would do if you could. Now grow a pair and answer the question i directly asked you. or have you just realised that at this stage being honest would entirely dismantle the position you were pretending to hold?

stOx, Jun 6, 2009 IP
  6. ncz_nate

Best Answers:
    Assuming it's the same 10 people, I'd want them to be doctors. If you had a young child who started smoking pot, would you rather him be a pot smoker or a scholar? Well you wouldn't ask for a different person (a scholar) would you?

What if he was a scholar who happened to smoke pot? What if those 10 doctors molested little boys in their spare time?

Let's say your child smoked pot, using your logic, he is defined by what he does (smokes pot) so he is therefore a pot-smoker. But what if he changes his habits, suddenly he's a different person, right? Well, not really, same person who used to smoke pot. See what you're doing is being a bit of a fool and defining people by their actions.

Of course if I had the choice to create people I'd make everything about them (how they act and what they do) perfect, wouldn't everyone like to live in a perfect world? Some actions are certainly more preferable to others, like being a doctor to being a child molester. But your actions, no matter how extreme, can't define your being, because you can always change what you do but you can't change who you are.

ncz_nate, Jun 6, 2009 IP
  7. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not defining them by their actions, I'm judging them by their actions. Which is what you should be doing instead of making the plainly untrue claim that everybody is "equal".

it's strange that you'd want them to be doctors, isn't it? You do, after all, think paedophiles and doctors are "equal", right? How were you able to make a decision between two "equal" groups of people?

stOx, Jun 6, 2009 IP
  8. ncz_nate

Best Answers:
    Their actions aren't equal, they're quite different actually. But they're all human beings nonetheless, with the same potential to change and be the best they can be, no exceptions. That's what being human is all about, making mistakes and learning from them. There are small mistakes and there are great mistakes, all delivering proportionate consequence to the one who makes them.

ncz_nate, Jun 6, 2009 IP
  9. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Were you ever going to expand on this statement? I know you like to change the topic when cornered on a point of your ignorance, but I think you need to be pursued on this one. Exactly who are you superior to? Certainly not our beloved Barack Obama whose diplomas and achievements obviously exceed whatever yours might be (A religious man I should point out). What exactly made your jobs worthwhile and important, and how would that make you superior to anyone? For instance, Barack Obama has a very nice and worthwhile job, but I'm pretty sure I could kick his ass in a fair fight. Does that make me superior to him? I'm fairly confident i would test out higher on a variety of knowledge and intellect based examinations in comparison to him. Superior? The man has demonstrated skills at working with other people and obviously realizes the use of the words, "I'm superior to the unwashed masses", however true the words may be in his case, would only hinder whatever cause he was trying to further. Does that make him your superior?

Obamanation, Jun 6, 2009 IP
  10. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Did you go to a motivational self help seminar today or something? Nate, you know as well as i do that some people have greater potential than others. is it fair? probably not. Is it a fact, yes it is. what are you going to put in your next post? that we need to "be the change we want to be"? this is just rhetoric nate, You don't actually believe it, As you have shown by not picking the 10 paedophile murderers over the doctors, the pschitzophrenic baby sitter or the innumerate accountant. Your every day actions don't reflect your claim that everybody is "equal" nate, so it make it hard for me to take your argument seriously as you evidently don't even believe it yourself.

stOx, Jun 7, 2009 IP
  11. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Haha, Stox has me on ignore. I'll take that as an admission of inferiority ;)

Obamanation, Jun 7, 2009 IP
  12. ncz_nate

Best Answers:
    You're bypassing all the points I make and going straight to "well WHAT ABOUT THE PEDOPHILES OMG!". I would discuss this further with you but you seem to have a quite a thick head on the issue.

ncz_nate, Jun 7, 2009 IP
  13. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well all of your points are irrelevant if you, like you have, state that all people are not equal in between asserting that they are. You are all over the place nate, it's just wishful thinking. You wish everyone was equal, claim they are, and then favour a non-pschitzophrenic baby sitter, a mathematical astute accountant and favour doctors over paedophiles in a contradiction visible from space.

This is the point. You claim everyone is equal and then behave in a way which suggests you don't believe they are.

stOx, Jun 7, 2009 IP
  14. ncz_nate

Best Answers:
    I think I've already explained to you quite clearly that that's not the case a couple of times. I won't waste time writing it again if you won't read it, go back and read through again maybe. Go have your english tea time with crumpets, get your blood sugar stabilized so you can think clearly, then come back and we might go somewhere with this.

ncz_nate, Jun 7, 2009 IP
  15. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If your point is nothing more than all people are equally human beings then id agree, From a biological point of view. But that isn't the point you were arguing against, is it. I think you are trying to find a way of agreeing with me without admitting it again.

stOx, Jun 7, 2009 IP
  16. ncz_nate

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

ncz_nate, Jun 7, 2009 IP