1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Another Article Marketing Journal

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by Mentis, Apr 20, 2010.

1. J1218

J1218 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Unless he's picking real good keywords and focusing more on SEOing the articles instead of just trying to shotgun them all out there.

If you're submitting 20 articles per day, that leaves you with almost no time to build links to all of them unless of course you're outsourcing some of it.

I'm sure you remember the "20 articles a day will make the bills go away" thread and you see how well that went...

J1218, May 24, 2010 IP
  2. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    J1218,

I'll have to agree, but if you've ever done article marketing at a larger scale you'll notice that you're better off submitting/writing/outsourcing all the articles and simply bookmarking them and giving them a little link juice instead of wasting weeks/months to have them ranked for top keywords.

That was my point.

Apart from that if you do a deep keyword research you can find profitable keywords on almost any niche that are easy to rank for.

Al.

evelinawilliams007, May 24, 2010 IP
  3. J1218

J1218 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I do agree, but for someone that is just starting out who doesn't have the money yet to outsource everything, it would probably be better to focus on getting the articles ranked for good keywords and learning good SEO.

Once those articles are ranking well and producing you a decent income, then you can go a step further and outsource the writing part and only worry about social bookmarking and building a few links to each article.

With your original post I thought you were saying to just blast out a ton of articles with no rhyme or reason behind them and hope they produce sales.

Either way, it comes down to good keyword research and writing content that sells.

J1218, May 24, 2010 IP
  4. Mentis

Mentis Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the response guys I'm glad that a have a few followers at least. :D

I got one question for you @precious007: what's a decent income for you? :) 100$, 500$, 1000$ or 5000$ ? That's really important :D. However I'm not planing to write 5 articles a week but at least 15 (per product coz I'm planing to get another one soon), so that's my minimum.

Mentis, May 24, 2010 IP
  5. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    @Mentis

A good income is the income that enables you to live the life you want. The more the better.

Definitely something above $10,000 a month. :)

Al.

evelinawilliams007, May 24, 2010 IP
  6. Mentis

Mentis Member

Best Answers:
    Oh, so 10/20 articles per day for $10,000 per month... :p. Maybe I will write 1 then to see around 500 bucks per month :p :p. By the way, I totally agree with you about your definition - decent income +$10,000 :D

Mentis, May 25, 2010 IP
  7. GrantDraper

GrantDraper Active Member

Best Answers:
    20 Articles A day for $10,000? Show me the code then!

Even outsourcing to a good writer that content would cost less than $3k! :)

GrantDraper, May 25, 2010 IP
  8. Mentis

Mentis Member

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately there's no code :( :).

However, I got 6 articles pending on EZA, 3 are live, so far total views from the articles - 44 and only 8 clicks. No sales yet of course. I ping the 3 articles yesterday and today I will also social bookmark them using onlywire. I will write 3 more articles today.

Mentis, May 26, 2010 IP
  9. michaelgrisso

michaelgrisso Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Well I have to say I've been keeping up with your journal here Mentis. I appreciate you taking the time to tell us how things are going and the other individuals for offering their expertise. I've been a ghostwriter for 4 years online and never really had time to do anything else. I never tried to push Clickbank products either except for when the Water4Gas was popular. Only had 1 article and made around $300. I kick myself all the time for not getting more involved with it.

I don't have a journal here, but I've been keeping one on my computer. I have 6 articles on EZA as well that I posted this month (maybe one from last month) that have gotten around 170 views and 13 clicks. Seems like a very small percentage. I'm curious if anyone has some sort of a percentage that you can quantify.

Good Luck Mentis! I'll be watching :)

michaelgrisso, May 26, 2010 IP
  10. Mentis

Mentis Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for following, I'm really glad that I got followers - it keeps me motivated. Good CTR (Click Through Rate) is around 30%. You got small amount of articles on EZA per month. Try to write at least 10 per week, build some backlinks, ping them social bookmark them, then I hope you will see some results (as I hope too :D).

Quick update - 2 more articles submitted to EZA (waiting to be reviewed and accepted).

Total live articles: 4
    Pending articles: 7
    Problem articles: 1

Total views: 46
    Total clicks: 9

Mentis, May 26, 2010 IP
  11. Mentis

Mentis Member

Best Answers:
    Here's a plan that I come up with. I would like to hear your opinion on it.

I will be promoting 2 products at the same time (in different niches).
    I will write 6 articles per day (3 articles per product).

I will target 5 keywords for each product with less competitive 1st spots on Google using "allintitle" (monthly searches per keyword 1000+). I will write 10 articles in total (for this 10 keywords) and submit them on EZA (I will use those as my landing pages). I will target more keywords that have almost no competition at all. (the monthly searches per keyword is less than 200).

2 out of the 3 articles per day that I will write will be written based on the very low competitive keywords, so I can rank them with only a couple of backlinks. With this I will get some search engine traffic and also the main one from the search engines that will die after 2-3 days.

The other article (on daily basics) will be written for the 5 main keywords that I will target, and I will spin it using The Best Spinner and build backlinks with it (that's the main purpose), also submit it on EZA for the traffic that will die after a couple of days. Also I will ping and social bookmark all of the articles I submit. Sites that I'll be using for this - onlywire.com, pingler.com and pingomatic.com.

I'll use this for 10 days and then will switch to writing 2 articles for the main keywords and one for the "no-competition" keywords.

I will be glad to see 10 sales with this for a start (30 days period). Hope it's possible.:confused:

Than I will do real landing pages - sites, and get some serious work.

As I said in the beginning, I would love to hear your opinion.
    Thanks for reading.
    Mentis :cool:

Mentis, May 26, 2010 IP
  12. Mentis

Mentis Member

Best Answers:
    Quick update

Live articles: 7
    Pending articles: 6
    Problem articles: 0

Total views: 95
    Clicks: 18

Hops yesterday: 24

Still no sale yet.

I ping and bookmark all of my articles, waiting to get The Best Spinner at the end of this week to start building some backlinks.
    That's all.

However, I might be closing this thread because there is not interest in it, therefore I will keep my journal in my PC.

Thanks for reading
    Mentis

Mentis, May 28, 2010 IP
  13. akki313

akki313 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why are you completely concentrating on article marketing?

Try to pick a particular keyword related to your product and do some research on it.. Perform on page and off page SEO to your main website and rank it well on google.. In this way the targeted traffic to your blog increases by 10 times and so as the sales..

I never depend myself completely on article marketing.. I use a combination of SEO and PPC to earn a "decent" amount of money from CB :)

Another suggestion:

Pick a high PR active forum with good alexa rank relevant to your niche and start posting on the relevant topics. Put your main website's url in signature link. Or hire someone at $100 per month (25 posts per day) for this job. I guarantee this is definitely worth it.. :)

akki313, May 30, 2010 IP
  14. Mentis

Mentis Member

Best Answers:
    Please read before posting, I will try to rank for keywords on Google as soon as I get The Best Spinner for backlinking. However, thanks for the advice on posting, but I can't spend $100 for that kind of job.

Mentis, May 30, 2010 IP
  15. bobe91

bobe91 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Mentis,

Any sales yet? I've been following your journal and I like it, just remember one thing that's most important - DO NOT GIVE UP!

Cheers

bobe91, May 30, 2010 IP
  16. akki313

akki313 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Please read my post as well.. I adviced you to use methods other than article submissions and web2.0 properties as well.. I think they don't need any spinner for that.. :)

If you can't spend $100 then do the job yourself.. It will hardly took half an hour per day..

Just few friendly advice :)

Thanks

akki313, May 30, 2010 IP