1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anonymous posting/blog platform critique needed!

Discussion in 'Websites' started by jaymi, Sep 15, 2018.

Hey everyone,

I created this website that i am trying to get going, my main goal for it is for it to be a place for people to be able to come and let out some steam, or to blog or to just say what ever is on their mind without worrying about others knowing about it, a sort of safe place for them and their thoughts.
    Eventually i would love for it to be a place where people could get help and advice too.
    I would really appreciate any critiques, feedback, comments, and anything you think.

This is the site:
    https://divuni.com

Thanks!

Another note:

The site is still pretty new and i'm not getting too much traffic, which is a good time for testing a fixing any issues.

There are days though where i do get some traffic, under 100 a day, but the visitors do not interact with the website.

Specifically, when they get to post pages, they read the article and just leave, without liking, commenting, or any other interaction.

So i am wondering if there is something about the UI that is causing this.

Any comments are welcome!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2018
    jaymi, Sep 15, 2018 IP
  2. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Well, one reason you are not getting likes is that no one can see your 'like' link. Light blue on white is almost INVISIBLE and way below WCAG standards for legibility.

Same goes for light gray on white. Too hard to read, so people either cannot find what they want or hurt their eyes trying to read it.

Further having the like button on the far right means that people with small screens (read mobile) cannot find it unless they scroll all the way right. You are making it TOO hard for people to like you.

Basically you need to shitcan the light blue and light gray and use colors that conform to WCAG legibility standards. Move the post and like buttons to the far left where they can be easily found.

mmerlinn, Sep 15, 2018 IP
  3. jaymi

jaymi Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you!
    I see what you mean about the colors and i agree, i will work on updating them.
    Also about the positioning of the buttons too, ill try to think of a new layout for them and test these things out.

Thank you very much, are there any more comments and feedback?
    More people maybe?

jaymi, Sep 16, 2018 IP
  4. jaymi

jaymi Member

Best Answers:
    I decided to changed some of the colors of the site, i didn't really move things around as i ma still thinking about how to structure things.
    But i think the colors are better now, better contrast, thank you for the suggestion.

Does anyone else have any comments and critique?

jaymi, Sep 17, 2018 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Meh, might be my age, but why would you want to provide content for someone else and get absolutely nothing back?
    What is your point of difference over askfm or curiouscat?
    Polls would make the posts more useful, to be able to ask opinions.

sarahk, Sep 17, 2018 IP