1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Annual Fees Rock; One-Off Fees are for the Quick Buck Crew

Discussion in 'Directories' started by onlinedude, May 20, 2007.

1. wwws

wwws Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You would be surprise on how many directory owners that lack the capability to understand the basic of web mastering and therefore they need to out source, i'm not saying aviva outsource or have an employee, just saying there are directory owners that lack the know how on how to administer a web directory and a few basic skills like FTP-ing and making a sub-domain etc...So basically the cost is over stated on maintaining a directory.

I see Yahoo and Dmoz getting hundreds of submissions daily, Aviva?:pptt! are you kidding me, not even close to a point where it needs to act the way it does now.

Looking at the Latest links, it doesn't look like it needs any employee's at all, not like it's getting hundreds of admission daily:rolleyes:

wwws, May 21, 2007 IP
  2. Dave E

Dave E Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Aviva killer LOL - Come back when you have got an Alexa ranking of less then 10K and a few 1,000+ digg articles.

Dave E, May 21, 2007 IP
  3. SasaVtec

SasaVtec Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The indexqueen killer is here

You seriously have got to be the biggest looser here, trying to play with the big boys.

SasaVtec, May 21, 2007 IP
    Dave E likes this.
  4. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Dear Velocity,

There are some dudes that CRY. *sob* Losers - in some ways. Well for sure I admit that I am technically DUMB. But I don't LINK BAIT and promote MYSELF as HOWARD STERN.

(Somebody mentioned that a GUY has been watching Directory DUMP for a year now. That is STALKING and very UNMANLY like. LMAO :D I didn't think that that someone belongs to the THIRD REICH :p )

popotalk, May 21, 2007 IP
    iceberg likes this.
  5. Dave E

Dave E Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I ain't no computer wiz kid either popotalk, but I have a good idea about how to run a directory. BTW did you get my submission to Indexsniff for my blog through O.K.?

Dave E, May 21, 2007 IP
    iceberg likes this.
  6. Freewebspace

Freewebspace Notable Member

Best Answers:
    why the Third reich is being dragged here

I respect the third reich leader only for his speaking (oratory) skills and not for any other thing!

Freewebspace, May 21, 2007 IP
  7. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Dave. And like I said there are some KIDS running around with their MOUTHS Widely OPEN and think their BIG SHOTS. Ah well, I just ignore them seems they just needs some attention since THEY CAN"T PROMOTE.

Too proud with nothing to be proud of.

Thanks

Ya know. Village People Clan. :D

Its a G*Y thing. Shhhhhhhhhh !!

8. wwws

wwws Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So how are you a big player again? You buy a cheap template and hire a cheap coder, then get a sponsor for it and make a little in return...I could do that, but I wont go that way I have no time for that, one day I might, though I would prefer to code it myself and will try one day to learn to code, not now too busy:D

wwws, May 21, 2007 IP
  9. SasaVtec

SasaVtec Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Buy a cheap template, hire a cheap coder? are you serious??? I pay $160 for coding of each template I or someone else I pay designs for me. $65 for version conversions. Never said I was a big player, but by the looks of what I have been doing I think I will be there soon, I mean obviously doing way better then you.

SasaVtec, May 21, 2007 IP
  10. munt

munt Peon

Best Answers:
    what we dont need is directories changing to an annual payment model from a permanant one time fee and having a repeat of the iwebtool directory saga

munt, May 21, 2007 IP
  11. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Is the *cough* "guy" ???? above talking about me ? :confused:

Never said I am a BIG Promoter. (if you just look back at the thread.) :)

I am just doing business as everyone else "buying cheap templates and hiring cheap coders" if that makes you HAPPY. :D There's a lot of people in DP doing such and ITS CALED BRAINS.

Now its time to change Diapers and someone has to do it fast coz its already stinking. KID .

>>>>End of Rant :D

MY CHEAP DESIGNER by the way is a RESPECTED DP MEMBER and MY CODER is of HIGH INTEGRITY just not in liberty to reveal names.

Have a GOOD DAY.

12. wwws

wwws Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have a set of routes I go through, your route and everybody that you think is a "big player" defer from my routine of ways, I simply don't try to follow...there's a cliff at the end of the roads and some of you will fall and Crash! and fall like a Dominoes.

I'm a little bit different than you, you follow on what you think it's best for you, I have a way that I think it's best for me.

wwws, May 21, 2007 IP
  13. Dave E

Dave E Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree that sort of behavior is out of order, I have started with anual payments from day 1, I am pretty sure that Aviva and Alive will never charge or remove people who have paid for permanent listings.

Dave E, May 21, 2007 IP
  14. Freewebspace

Best Answers:
    No! Not all

He is one of the few persons in the worlds whose oratory skills are best in the world!

I think only BUSH is from Village people clan

Dictators always live and die for their country!

Do not speak ill of his oratory skills

Watch an youtube video of his speech and you may notice his skills

I do not know why some persons are dragging this thread too long!

iceberg likes this.
  15. wwws

wwws Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ah, the Village People, aren't those the groups that sang the song"YMCA" back in the 70's or 80's and...gee, popo which role did you play? where you the cop or the indian?

wwws, May 21, 2007 IP
  16. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think not Dave since Jeff and Chris has already mentioned that. Other owners that i know of and including myself will let the permanent listings stay there.

Thanks

17. Freewebspace

Best Answers:

Hitler is not from Village people clan!(we were speaking about Hitler as he is the leader of third reich)

only Bush is from Village people clan!

I am not a Nazi to support him ,I just like him because of his oratory skills

He deserved more than what he did(He should have been captured and tried)

18. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:

That's very nice of you Ramanean. Reading and spending time enriching the BRAIN not just like some PUNK KIDS FLOATING around. :)

BRAIN DEAD :D

19. wwws

wwws Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If some of you don't know, that a thread like this is designed as a Link Baiting technique. Notice how the OP only posted twice;)

But which of the link baiting method did he use this time around?

Wikipedia.com

Types of link bait

Although there are no clear-cut subdivisions within link bait, many attempt to divide them into types of hooks. This is a short list of some of the most common approaches with brief descriptions:

* Informational Hooks - Provide information that a reader may find very useful. Some rare tips and tricks or any personal experience through which readers can benefit.
    * News Hooks - Provide fresh information and garner citations and links as the news spreads.
    * Humor Hooks - Tell a funny story or a joke. A bizarre picture of your subject or mocking cartoons can also prove to be a link bait.
    * Evil Hooks - Saying something unpopular or mean may also yield a lot of attention. Writing about something that is not appealing about a product or a popular blogger. Provide strong reasons for it. Yep it was this one;)
    * Tool Hooks - Create some sort of tool that is useful enough that people link to it.

wwws, May 21, 2007 IP
  20. Freewebspace

Best Answers:
    I am not a kid !

[​IMG]
    I am just preparing a time bomb for Google's Pagerank and Dmoz

see here!

ha ha ha!

If I had a dedicated server Dmoz would have dead by now!

Also

It only depends upon the owners to decide to whether annual fees should be charged or not

If a small PR4 directory is charging annually it may lose some customers as they may not be interested in paying for the link

It is better for PR6/PR7 directory to charge annual fees!