1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Annual Fees Rock; One-Off Fees are for the Quick Buck Crew

Discussion in 'Directories' started by onlinedude, May 20, 2007.

1. Freewebspace

Freewebspace Notable Member

Best Answers:
    anon has listed only link details of some directories

and why not some other sites?

Freewebspace, May 21, 2007 IP
  2. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Absolutely. I don't see why we should be attacking each other in public. In the end it is upto the individual to submit to a particular directory or not.

I decide by myself. I have several yearly subscriptions and monthly subscription in several directories and the process continues.

maldives, May 21, 2007 IP
  3. wwws

wwws Notable Member

Best Answers:
    An0L will call you poor and other names if your not on the list just to pressure someone to submit to an over-priced yearly directories, which don't really get you much traffic...I want to see stats not words.

wwws, May 21, 2007 IP
  4. iceberg

iceberg Notable Member

Best Answers:

wwws, please stop comparing trincas with aviva, alive, directory dump and other great directories. PLEASE.

Aviva and others spend a lot more $$$ monthly for promotion and marketing than trincas. So I think $49 yearly is justified and an attractive deal for me and others also.

Thanks.

iceberg, May 21, 2007 IP
  5. maldives

Best Answers:
    I disagree!

You can judge a directory in many ways. Some includes PR, PS, backlinks, indexed pages, alexa, etc.

Based on the above factors, Anon's directories are well worth submitting.

6. maldives

Best Answers:
    Absolutely. Ask him/her to stop comparing your directory with Aviva. Many members will be under impression that trincas belong to wwws.

jezza chan likes this.
  7. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 10 (9 members and 1 guests)
    britishguy, an0n, Freewebspace, HaXan, iceberg, jl255, loredan, maldives, MeetHere

This thread has turned into a market strategists dream (lots of interest,posts and interaction) all that is needed now is a little more thought and consideration.

To ensure that the Directory Community gains some assured credibility and much needed kudos

Remember that Coca Cola & Pepsi Cola market side by side without disparaging each other

Lets be smart and do likewise :)

britishguy, May 21, 2007 IP
    jezza chan and smub like this.
  8. sizzler_chetan

sizzler_chetan Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I cant agree..
    You feel that he might get more submissions by calling some one poor?
    He never was harsh to me, and i feel good talking with him always, he never invites anyone to submit to his directory..

Until and unless you dont talk somthing bad, no one is gonna attack you!

sizzler_chetan, May 21, 2007 IP
  9. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It's called example. look it up. there are 3's, 4's, 5's & 6's. These are only detail pages. Go check the categorical structure as well. They are sitting on 4's and 5's in there too.

What was your point again?

errrr... go back and read the thread where yo called annual submitters 'suckers' and 'dunce/dumb'.
    Do you realize how idiotic you make yourself look?

As far as stats go, open your eyes, as they are and have been openly available to see since day one on dump.

hahahah you are a joke. w0w! ... just w0w!

p.s. - in order to 'see stats' you must submit, and you know QBC's don't do that. They just sit around the forum, talk a lot of trash, and ... gimme gimme gimme for free. You know the routine all to well, don'cha?

an0n, May 21, 2007 IP
  10. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:

awesome point there Pete, I've been trying to say this even when John started his thread ...

you found a way to spice it ... will add rep if this thing will let me

completely agreed because i have a listing in Aviva as well ... i just dont like this name calling from both sides ...

smub, May 21, 2007 IP
  11. wwws

wwws Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm disappointed that you feel that way and that my opinion are discounted because you don't regard your directory as worthy enough to be on the same plankform as those guys.....Alive web directory is beyond the horizon, so no comparison there:p

My opinion is based on how I see it and in no way associated with Trincas.org I brought Trincas.org in the topic because I had just recently submitted a listing there and had just checked the site to see my listing.

As the owner wishes, I will stop saying trincas.org is worthy.

wwws, May 21, 2007 IP
  12. hsaleem

hsaleem Rocket!

Best Answers:
    I feel that if a directory is adding value to your site, then paying for a yearly link is worth it. We all know how Chris, Jeff, Rob, Asim, James and some other guys promote the directories so it’s not just about increasing link count.
    As they keep on building links, the juice flow to the sites within the directory. I don't see anything stupid or greedy in paying for a link coming from a quality directory.

hsaleem, May 21, 2007 IP
  13. wwws

wwws Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Please:rolleyes: , your the biggest free loader around, all of your sites where and had been listed at my free directories for well over a year as FREE!

P0w!

wwws, May 21, 2007 IP
  14. Freewebspace

Best Answers:
    I would say again and again the directories only few of the paid directories will stay longer

If Google's page rank is replaced ,then directories would not be of any worth!

except a few

All of these directories were started after the introduction of Google's page rank algorithim only Dmoz and quite a few were before Google

So a directory should be gauged only upon the traffic it sends to visitors

If a directory sends a traffic of only 23 visitors in 2 months( take from directory dump listing of directory)

then 23X6=192 let us round it off to 210 visitors

210 visitors for $60 one time fee means it is about $0.35 per visitor

and out of these 210 visitors how many visitiors would pay for a link on that directory?

other sites means sites other than directories?( A non directory site)

link details of a non directory site would indicate whether the directory is worth or not!

15. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Then I guess my submitter did his job correctly then, now didn't he?. hahaha
    p0w! <-- correct way about it.

You offer listings and my submitter will submit. Do you not understand that concept? When it comes to paid submissions, guess who submits those? durrrrr

Dear god, i feel for you and your ignorance.

Hows this for a challenge. You tally up ALL of your paid link submission from the beginning of THIS YEAR, and I will tally up this last weeks paid submissions and links. If your full years receipts TOP my 1 weeks receipts, I will give you $100. I mean, being the 'big dawg' promoter that you are, I'm most certain you've put in at least $2,000 since the beginning of the year right?

hahahaha... you JOKE

an0n, May 21, 2007 IP
  16. JohnScott

JohnScott Notable Member

Best Answers:
    All this and not a single link to my blog or directory? :eek:

Just kidding, of course.

Yes, with Aviva I am sure that people are getting their money's worth. I believe I stated as much in the other thread.

Most annual fee directories, however, are not worth it. If you look at the promotion they do, if you look at the traffic they refer, you cannot reach any other conclusion.

As far as one-time fee directories being a less than viable business model, bugger off, Jeff. (I still love you, though.)

I have two full time editors and one part time, and it costs me somewhere around $250 a day. Add in promotion, hosting, etc, V7N directory still pulls in the bucks. I could double the staff and still be in the green. In fact, I could probably hire ten full time editors and still be in the green.

JohnScott, May 21, 2007 IP
  17. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    haha you're kidding me right? You really don't have any idea do you?
    How about I give you my d.o.b, social security, D.L, the keys to my condo, car, bank account number and credit cards while I'm at it! what do ya say? deal?

an0n, May 21, 2007 IP
  18. Freewebspace

Best Answers:
    you are right John!

If a directory charges annual fees then it should be like Aviva/Alive/V7n

and not a PR3 or PR4 one!

I just saw this

No hits:0 in last two months from March 3,2007

saved :23 times ( you can manipulate it)

If I have a site like this( I have one in my signature )and I pay you

Result: No traffic and only for PR!

so if you convert your listing into a annual recurring one there will not be many takers except some fellow directory owners

JohnScott likes this.
  19. loredan

loredan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Annual Fee vs. Permanent Fee is this thread really helpful? I don't think so, to be honest... Is this thread really constructive? I doubt...
    I do not consider myself a directory owner, just a person trying to build some directories and I never earned any money from directories as every fee paid by the people submitting on my directories goes back in promotion (read: directory owners pockets).
    I choose to make the featured listings permanent...ethical issues as I don't think people should pay every year no matter which directories are we talking about. This is my choice and I don't fancy to see people calling me QBC for choosing this way. I have a bloody doctor degree and I do not consider myself a thief trying to get a quick buck and then dissapear.
    Talking about Annual Fees... ethical? the choice is yours!
    Taking an example: AvivaDirectory PR6 / $49/year. I have a great respect for Jeff, don't get me wrong, but let's take it this way:
    What is $49 / year actually mean? Review fee? Inclusion fee? Both?
    To review a link it should not take more than 10 minutes...in this case charging $49 for 10 minutes of work this is what I call Quick Buck Crew
    Is it $49 / year actually inclusion fee? Then in my opinion it's madness for a PR6! I won't pay this money for pr6 while DirSpace for instance offers $8 (or$6) for the same page rank. Also An0n's offer is excellent where you can get for $10 a link into an actual PR6 page not on a lower inner page as you would do by submitting to Aviva for example.
    If you plan to submit on this page I would have to say that is PR3 only
    http://www.avivadirectory.com/Society/Men/Fathering/
    Now my question: is it fair to pay $50 every year to submit your link on that page? I don't think so...
    Someone was talking about the costs... higher if the directory gets busier!
    Well, I don't think I understand... why higher? Appart from promotion which obviously can be controlled by the owner in case, what else do you pay? (don't tell me hosting fees and domain renewal)...
    Now Mr. Annual Fee by calling me the one who choosed to have permanent fee, a QBC, I say you are wrong, so wrong...
    Yesterday I spent $150 for my directories, the day before $80...there are members on this forums to confirm... Why I am called a QBC trying to get people's money and run away?
    Well Mr. Annual Fee very sory to say but you actually are the QBC ...

At the end is everyone's choice to set up which payment plan he thinks is better for his website.
    Let's respect each other...

Cheers

loredan, May 21, 2007 IP
  20. JohnScott

JohnScott Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Just a note here on editorial costs. I used to pay editors to go through and check EVERY SINGLE WEBSITE to see if it was still there, if it had become a parked page, etc. The cost was considerable.

Nowadays the script does it for me. If a domain changes, becomes a parked page, etc, the script flags those listings for review. It's a huge money saver. Just something for other directory owners to consider. :)

JohnScott, May 21, 2007 IP