1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Annoying iPhone issue!

Discussion in 'Products & Tools' started by Johnny Mnemonic, Aug 4, 2016.

I bought an iPhone, new and sealed from Amazon. Today, I encountered a very annoying problem that I cannot seem to amend. Granted, there were a lot of complaints from reviewers regarding their purchases perhaps being refurbished products, but I'm not certain if mine is too since it was in a wrapper, purchased brand new. And it cost me over 200 quid. Certain reviews were favorable as well; I had noticed some glue stuck to the inside of the box, although I still don't know if it's just been boxed up again.

Anyway, I installed iTunes, and had to sync my audio files to the device, but then after updating, it completely froze, and the iTunes app displays an error 9 over and over again which has been driving me loopy. I'm not able to turn the iPhone off at all. It either displays the Apple logo, or an error on the screen prompts me to reconnect the iPhone to a computer, and I cannot figure out what to do to sort it out.

The iPhone I have is an iPhone 4. I'm not fond of devices you have to sync data to using apps. On most other phones, you can just connect using a USB charger to the phone via a computer's port, and drop files onto the phone that way, which is very simple.

I tried looking on YouTube about how to fix the issue, and I'm not seeing any clear answers, but it appears many people have endured the same hassle, to the point they had to go to a technician. Now, with this being a new phone, it seems odd that this is happening. It seems a program has to be bought to restore the thing because iTunes cannot do it for you, no matter how many times you try. Then I found out about RecBoot, but it doesn't work on my laptop. I've even looked at complaints on the Apple support forums where people had similar problems, but none of their suggested solutions worked.

This is meant to be a brand new phone, and I think it's just awful. Apart from that, it doesn't recognize MP3 files. A previous phone I owned by Samsung could play these type of files and didn't put them in hidden folders either like some phones do. The only issue was that these type of phones don't have a huge storage capacity the way an iPhone does, and 32GB external storage cards won't mount or be recognized when inserted. So that's also a big nuisance.

Johnny Mnemonic, Aug 4, 2016 IP
  2. Froggys

Froggys Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Exactly,I was just about to write that,you surpassed me lol,iPhone does not support mp3.

Froggys, Aug 5, 2016 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Use the "is it likely" test. New iPhone for 200 quid, I don't think so. I've bought refurbs before and they were fine but they came in a proper box with official headphones, sealed, everything looking legit. At the time I was impressed but I can see how that presentation could be used to deceive.

sarahk, Aug 5, 2016 IP
  4. Johnny Mnemonic

Johnny Mnemonic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The box I got had all that stuff inside. Everything was included. The bracket remove tool, earphones, charger kit and cables. It's just that after trying to do an update on iTunes, the thing just froze. It wouldn't restore itself. I've had it taken to my sister's as her ex has an iPhone and may help. It seems this is a major problem for many owners of this phone as well.

Honestly...I should have just got a different phone not owned by Apple.

Johnny Mnemonic, Aug 5, 2016 IP
  5. StSignal

StSignal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Lol,you didn't know you can't run mp3 on iPhone?

StSignal, Aug 8, 2016 IP
  6. Fill

Fill Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds like you need an software reinstall.
    I once had similar issue and used this iPhone service to resolve it

By the way another solution is to try it yourself using itunes and DFU mode

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2020
    Fill, Nov 19, 2020 IP