1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Android Twitter App Lag

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by Adam McKay, Mar 9, 2017.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace with OS 4.4.4, running the latest version of the Twitter android app. I'm having trouble messaging one person in particular. DMing every other person causes no problems whatsoever, but when I try to message him, my phone tends to freeze up constantly. I get about 7 seconds to type, then it freezes for about 5 seconds. Once it stops, everything I typed while it was frozen shows up anyway, and then I get another 7 seconds to type, and this repeats itself. It happens when I'm just scrolling through our conversation too - not only when typing.

I have no idea what's wrong. Like I said, I'm running the most recent version of Twitter (although this problem has been happening for months). I clear out my cached data regularly, I've tried logging out of my account and logging back in. I've tried deleting our conversation and starting over. I've tried deleting the app and reinstalling it. I have no idea why my phone only freezes when I'm messaging him. None of my other apps do this, and I can DM anyone else without problems. My phone has enough free space for it to run without problems.

Does anyone know what's going on? Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Adam McKay, Mar 9, 2017 IP
  2. Adam McKay

Adam McKay Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Bump!

Adam McKay, Mar 13, 2017 IP