1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

And how do you promote your Facebook group?

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by mjereb2, Nov 8, 2008.

1. riks.rocks

riks.rocks Peon

Best Answers:
    Invite your friends. Or u can make your group on the famous celebrity. Like we done in communities.

riks.rocks, Aug 28, 2009 IP
  2. Moglis

Moglis Peon

Best Answers:
    an effective way to promote your FB group is joing group invite exchanges. check out http://friendsharers.us
    here is the invitational code: 70f374db

Moglis, Aug 30, 2009 IP
  3. johnab2112

johnab2112 Peon

Best Answers:
    Here is how I promoted my group. In this way, I made more than 615 members in two days.
    This is really a sure shot method.

johnab2112, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  4. facebookapp

facebookapp Peon

Best Answers:
    Invite people on different relevant groups and tell them about your group and write a message of requesting to join group.

facebookapp, Sep 3, 2009 IP
  5. iWantMuzik

iWantMuzik Member

Best Answers:
    lots of wayys but the best is to invite friends and give them incentive to invite there friends

iWantMuzik, Sep 3, 2009 IP
  6. Bohol

Bohol Peon

Best Answers:
    Using Firefox plugin "Share on Facebook" I usually post the link of the group at the home page so that all friends would be able to see the link once it is posted/shared.

Bohol, Sep 3, 2009 IP
  7. MrBoss

MrBoss Peon

Best Answers:
    I do not think that you need to add members to group. It is a natural process.

MrBoss, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  8. nov0caine

nov0caine Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm new here but I just thought i'd shed some light on sites that offer 'facebook' friends for money like facebookbay.com... These sites always guarantee 'friends' and 'fans' but at the end of the day it is always up to the user to decide whether or not they would like to join your group. I actually came across this thread in doing some reviews of facebookbay.com...

how i can tell that it's a scam? well, the page is for sale firstly so they don't give a damn about their own internal community and the site barely has a google page rank which means that it's either: brand new / doesn't have a lot of user activity. A cool concept, yes, but you should avoid paying sites like these.

The best way to promote your group virally is via your own friends base, and be contributing in forums etc. relevant to your niche... set up a hyperlink to your facebook group in your forum signatures etc.

anyway, that's my two cents on the topic :)

nov0caine, Oct 26, 2009 IP
  9. JonRhodesUK

JonRhodesUK Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I agree - you cannot buy friends. Sure people will sign up for money, but you can't make them like you for money - unless you give it away to them!! lol

JonRhodesUK, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  10. seogift

seogift Peon

Best Answers:
    Its interesting that there are so many website providing services to add friends to your face book.

seogift, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  11. bigcat1967

bigcat1967 Active Member

Best Answers:
    go to other groups similar to yours - look at the people in a particular network of that group - and ask them to be your friend.

bigcat1967, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  12. grace_social

grace_social Peon

Best Answers:
    Invite all your friends to be a member there to increase the credibility. Soon when there are people that are interested to join groups like yours, they will join you first cause having a lot of members already.

grace_social, Feb 27, 2012 IP
  13. elanne

elanne Peon

Best Answers:
    I think inviting all your friends and sending them message about your group would be a big help to spread your group page.

elanne, Feb 27, 2012 IP
  14. Sam Gilmore

Sam Gilmore Peon

Best Answers:
    Use the "Favorites" function to build partnerships on Facebook. See that link under the logo on the home view of any page that is named "Add to my Page's Favorites"? Use it. This is a great way to build and foster partnerships on Facebook. For instance, if you recently received a grant from a foundation, favorite the foundation's Facebook page and post a comment on its wall letting them know that you made them a "Favorite." Have affiliate chapters of your nonprofit around the country? Favorite them on your Facebook page for the national office.
    Add a "Like Box" to your website or blog. This seems like a no-brainer, but still many nonprofits don't do it. DIOSA offers these simple instructions to do it: "To grab a Like Box, login as an Admin to your Facebook Page - go to Edit Page - Marketing - Promote with a Like Box. On that page you can grab code for a widget that you can embed on your organization's website or blog that will display the status updates on your Facebook Page, thumbnails of your Likers, as well as a 'Like' button."
    Ask questions to spark conversation and activity on your page. Don't make the mistake of just putting up your Facebook page and hoping that someone drops by. First provide great content. But don't forget to engage as well. One way to do that is to ask provocative questions through your updates to engage your readers. They might reply and then keep dropping by to see what other people say. You can even use that "user created content" back on your webpage to creat more content. Social media can thus become a "virtuous circle" (or maybe I should say "virtual circle").
    Got an email newsletter? Promote your Facebook page there. But don't just add a like button to your newsletter. Actually "ask" people to "like" your Facebook page. Tempt them by mentioning a recent discussion, poll, or question.
    Ask your likers to "Suggest to Friends" on a monthly basis. DIOSA suggests, "Post a Status Update and send an Update to fans asking them to suggest your page to their Facebook friends. Let them know that they can easily suggest your page by clicking the 'Suggest to Friends' link just under your Page's image in the left column. Inspiring your Likers to help build your community is one of the easiest ways to quickly grow your supporter base."
    Get your organization's staff, volunteers and board members involved. Ask those people closest to your nonprofit to support your Facebook page by giving "Thumbs Up" and posting comments.

Sam Gilmore, Mar 1, 2012 IP
  15. Install

Install Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, that's a good one. Thanks, Sam Gilmore.

Install, Mar 1, 2012 IP
  16. me4all

me4all Member

Best Answers:
    Hope this Video Helps :

me4all, Jan 1, 2014 IP
  17. CK Tan

CK Tan Peon

Best Answers:
    1. choose a eyecatching group name
    2. make your group page stand out
    3. promote your page through other social media platforms