1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

And how do you promote your Facebook group?

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by mjereb2, Nov 8, 2008.

I suppose many of you use Facebook groups. How do you promote a group? Do you use any "outside Facebook" strategies?
    My group is dedicated to an offline event. I is not selling anything, it is a place where people discuss about the event, give their opinions and of course, learn more about the event. Through this group I'd like to acquaint Facebook users with the event, so this group is like a promotion tool.
    Now I wonder how to get more members, because they can invite their friends. Where and how to promote my group? How would or do you do it?

Thanks in advance.

mjereb2, Nov 8, 2008 IP
  2. Gatorade

Gatorade Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't have a facebook group.

Gatorade, Nov 8, 2008 IP
  3. thegussey

thegussey Peon

Best Answers:
    invite all of your friends on facebook to join the group..
    i mean, send the group's link to your friends. by facebook private message, your friend's wall, messenger, facebook messenger..
    tell them that the groups were made to make a new society, and give an information for some news, a new event, and etc :)

thegussey, Nov 9, 2008 IP
  4. sweetlouise

sweetlouise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    really, what was the point in telling us that? :rolleyes:

sweetlouise, Nov 10, 2008 IP
  5. eben

eben Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you have a blog where you could blog about your group? That would surely help. Also, why not go on forums and tell about it? Why not sending invitations to all your friends? Is you group's title catchy enough so that people join it? Do you have a good intro/summary for the group? Make more friends in the group's niche, etc.

eben, Nov 10, 2008 IP
  6. DaFiz

DaFiz Active Member

Best Answers:
    You could try FacebookBay.com it is free for regular listings, but I would suggest subscribing to a Featured listing for $5.00 per month and have your group listed at the top.

DaFiz, Aug 9, 2009 IP
  7. johnambaram

johnambaram Member

Best Answers:
    you can send request to join your group to your friends and tell them to send others..or send it in message to ypur friends of friends if they are not your friends.

johnambaram, Aug 9, 2009 IP
  8. fluidoperator

fluidoperator Peon

Best Answers:
    Ive just signed up for this and submitted my details and it all went through ok. The only problem is that it doesn't tell you how to pay. It sends you an email telling you that your account will be activated once they receive payment, but how? Thats the question.

fluidoperator, Aug 9, 2009 IP
  9. fluidoperator

fluidoperator Peon

Best Answers:
    They sent me an email this morning with a link to Paypal. I have paid $5 and have been waiting all day to start seeing results...Nothing yet, not even 1 member! I'll keep you all updated.

fluidoperator, Aug 10, 2009 IP
  10. CB Corp.

CB Corp. Guest

Best Answers:
    yes, let us know the update, but i prefer to invited all my friend, sending them email etc.

good luck bro!

CB Corp., Aug 10, 2009 IP
  11. fluidoperator

fluidoperator Peon

Best Answers:
    Does anyone know of any other automated ways of attracting members to facebook groups? Twitter has lots of different applications, does facebook have the same? I don't mind paying for this service.

fluidoperator, Aug 10, 2009 IP
  12. fluidoperator

fluidoperator Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, further to my message reference facebookbay:

I haven't received 1 member yet, so I going to put this down as an under developed site selling a product that they don't have in place. It's a good concept and if it work then it will be great. However, at this time they are simply cashing in on something they cant supply.

I only lost $5, so Im not complaining.

fluidoperator, Aug 11, 2009 IP
  13. LightScribe

LightScribe Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi~ I have been using facebook for a quick escape during lunch time/ break time. You know, YoVille, Farmtown thaqt sort of thing. I didn't know there was such a thing as facebookbay. I see there are mixed reviews which makes me more curious to check it out. Think I'll wait to give them even $5 to be sure it does what they say it will. Thanks for the info! This newbie is learning alot here! :D

LightScribe, Aug 12, 2009 IP
  14. fluidoperator

fluidoperator Peon

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't bother, I still haven't got one member from them. I think its a scam! However, I could be wrong....

fluidoperator, Aug 12, 2009 IP
  15. Candise

Candise Peon

Best Answers:
    Keep adding friends and invite your friends to join your group.. :)

Of course, the Facebook group is more than a viral marketing mechanism too. It helps your readers to connect with each other in a way comments don’t. While comments are generally responses to your postings, Facebook’s discussion boards allow direct interaction between readers. My readers have used the Facebook group to find LSAT study partners and form study groups by posting messages on the discussion board and the Wall. How did I tell my readers about the Facebook Group? I posted a link to it on the side of my blog, and I made a brief blog post about it for those who hadn’t noticed the link.

Candise, Aug 12, 2009 IP
  16. fluidoperator

fluidoperator Peon

Best Answers:
    I still haven't received 1 member. This is a scam!

fluidoperator, Aug 20, 2009 IP
  17. mavrieck

mavrieck Peon

Best Answers:
    the best way to promote your group on facebook is to send the group's link to your friends. by facebook private message, your friend's wall, messenger, facebook messenger..hotmail and also in yahoo chat room and send link to your friend's email.

mavrieck, Aug 20, 2009 IP
  18. tamal253

tamal253 Peon

Best Answers:
    Invite your friends to visit your group and ask them to invite their friends as well.You can use blog promotion techniques to bring traffic to your facebook page as well.

tamal253, Aug 27, 2009 IP
  19. facebookapp

facebookapp Peon

Best Answers:
    Update your status with group link twice or thrice a day. Ask your friends to join it an suggest it to other people as well.

facebookapp, Aug 27, 2009 IP
  20. kevinpatrick

kevinpatrick Peon

Best Answers:
    invite more friends on facebook and make them to join the group

kevinpatrick, Aug 28, 2009 IP