1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anchor text targeting

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by julian, Aug 18, 2004.

Hello all,
    As the anchor text is very important in SEO, i would like to ask one newbe question.

Well, i want to increase my allinanchor for the "MCSE" keyword. Is using two or three additional words in the anchor ("MCSE Practice Exams" for example) will still count for "MCSE" ?

Thanx!

P.S. Sorry for my poor English :)

julian, Aug 18, 2004 IP
  2. steve5jack

steve5jack Peon

Best Answers:
    It will still count - just not as much. If you want to target specifically "MCSE" and you have "MCSE Practice Exams" as anchor text, the site with just MCSE with anchor text will perform better than yours.

steve5jack, Aug 18, 2004 IP
  3. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    Julian, you have now used up your one and only "newbie" question credit. For additional credits, please insert your card and enter your pin :)

In all seriousness, as steve5jack responded, each word in the anchor will be given a percentage of the entire anchor text based on the numbers of words that are linked. The more words, the less each word recieves in weighting.

p.s., welcome to the forum

mopacfan, Aug 18, 2004 IP
  4. julian

julian Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanx for your reply!

julian, Aug 19, 2004 IP