1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

anchor text of Internal links, to optimise or not?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Jack Huang, May 14, 2014.

Hi guys, in Neil Patel today's blog, he talks about penguin 3.0 and how to avoid getting hit from.
    In the article he suggests to get rid of any exact match and over-optimized anchor text. It is clear to everyone that it's right to do this at external links. But what about internal links? It seems nobody has had a answer to this question.
    As far as i see, since it's my website, i can do anything i want. What do you think?

Jack Huang, May 14, 2014 IP
  2. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Exact match is equivalent to general term which means it has high competition and there are some optimizers that are using over optimized keyword to get rank on search engine which has no effect now in the often changing of algorithms. A good example is the Google Hummingbird it is specially designed to provide meaning to the search query of the users and not by word by word information and as a result it will give the right data for the users that they are expecting to show from the search results.

KylieSweet, May 14, 2014 IP