1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anchor Text/Links

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by egjeff4, Aug 21, 2007.

I want to be able to track which sites are working for different campaigns.....some viral marketing and link baiting campaigns, other general SEO link building.

If i used something like <a href="www.company123.com?site=1234">My Company keyword</a>, it'll work great for my link baiting tracking technique, but do search engines devalue the link because of the tracking code?

egjeff4, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  2. vannba

vannba Peon

Best Answers:
    I have seen this have a negative effect in some cases. Well maybe that is a bit harsh but some engines will rank each tracking code. You might just try using something like Google Analytics and looking at the referral source instead. This way you have one link and can still see all the detailed stats.

vannba, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  3. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    is not it possible you to use 301 redirect from company123.com?site=1234 to company123.com?

i think it will be the best seo for you tracking codes

trichnosis, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  4. Gatorade

Gatorade Peon

Best Answers:
    They won't devalue the link, most php urls are like that. It does make it a little harder for the search engines to follow that type of url, not much though if it's that short.

Gatorade, Aug 21, 2007 IP