1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Analytics shows 0% bounce rate since about two weeks - what it can be due

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by lowriderzzz, Oct 1, 2017.

OK I know 0% is unrealistic, so there should be another problem around here.

Here is a screenshot of what I mean.
    http://i64.tinypic.com/238tjc.jpg (somehow I can't paste link)

After 10th of September bounce rate levels at 0%. It is some technical issue I gues but i don't know what exactly.

I changed the WP theme on that date, but all other data shows accordingly. And the code for Analytics is inserted via plugin. (not in the head.php file)

Any ideas what to check?

Cheers!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    lowriderzzz, Oct 1, 2017 IP
  2. Sweely

Sweely Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you have any image sliders on your site firing events?

I have never seen a website with a 0% bounce rate, it's always a technical problem with the set-up of GA.

I once had a client that had 2 instances of the GA code on his page - are you sure you're not including the code in the head section of your web page as well?

There is a really an ungodly amount of things to check - but most likely you have an event firing in addition to the pageview event as the page is being loaded - hence me asking if you had any image sliders firing any events.

If a visitor lands on your page - and an event fires - Google counts that as 2 interactions and a bounce is not being sent. Hope this makes sense.

Hope you're able to solve this problem ASAP as analyzing your web traffic is crucial for business! Cheers!

Sweely, Oct 11, 2017 IP
  3. lowriderzzz

lowriderzzz Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your reply!
    I actually solved it. It was because of the theme that I was using. Somehow on that exact theme the bounce rate was not recorded, but when I changed to a new one it was fine and good.

lowriderzzz, Oct 27, 2017 IP