1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Analytics Code - How to check it's proper placement and work

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by fabthi, Apr 23, 2012.

Hi everybody
    I created a landing page with WordPress that is sworking as destination url for an adwords campaign; for that I installed the Google Analytics Code to track campaign results.
    But how can I check if the code is properly placed and working?
    I used a wordpress plugin (Google Analytics for WordPress) to install it but the way they suggest to check is a bit complicated for me:
    using Firebug (which I don't know).
    Te fact is that the landing page is on a subdomain, but I remember when I had to install the code I have been asked to only digit the overlying main domain: is that correct? If yes, should I assume that the same Analytics is ALSO installed on my main domain?
    Any suggestion for an easier way to check-up?
    thanks
    Fabio

fabthi, Apr 23, 2012 IP
  2. ketset

ketset Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Fabthi,
    You must place the code on EVERY page you wish to track, if you put it on the index page of your site then Google will only ever track the Homepage so if you wish to track every page you must install the code on every page, even on sub-domains, hope this helps!

ketset, Apr 23, 2012 IP