1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

An article on fake Twitter followers

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by Mr.Dog, Oct 19, 2014.

I came across an article (no, I am not advertising, it is sort-of a case study), about fake Twitter fans. A guy bought 4,000 fans, but then after digging deeper he found something interesting...

Fake Twitter friends behave totally differently. If social media analysis tools can see that and distinguish the fake ones from the real ones, then so can Google and from what I understand Bing does in fact put a lot of effort into interpreting social media signals.

Fake Twitter followers won't do any good, but they may attract real people or advertisers, potential business partners to follow your channel.
    They can be used as magnets. Because if you only have like 10 followers, people will probably turn their heads away... But if you have like 5,000... then the effect is different.

By the way, here's the article:
    https://medium.com/i-data/fake-friends-with-real-benefits-eec8c4693bd3

Let me know what you think about the idea of buying fake Twitter followers.

Mr.Dog, Oct 19, 2014 IP
  2. leonidus1981

leonidus1981 Banned

Best Answers:
    Very interesting article. Mr.Dor - thanks. From me I can say follow. This is name "herd instinct". People see more followers and your chance for following from real people grow up. So, it is good)

leonidus1981, Oct 19, 2014 IP
  3. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    True, having a lot of followers can really attract the others to follow you. But from my point of view, it still doesn't make sense.
    Fake is fake, if it gives you benefit then it is not good for long term purposes.

Patricia Ann Lee, Oct 19, 2014 IP
  4. Mr.Dog

Mr.Dog Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you come to think of it... a bunch of sites have fake followers and fake Facebook likes.

But I think there are a bunch of tools out there, which allow the detection of false followers and fans.

Mr.Dog, Oct 20, 2014 IP
  5. Diana Wallace

Diana Wallace Member

Best Answers:
    Hi! A lot of freelancers/companies/agencies say they offer REAL Likes and Followers. For me it is fine, if it turns out to be fake. AS LONG as it is not BANNED. If you want to build an online reputation then that's okay.. like what MR Dog says,They can be used as magnets. But too much is so unbelievable yes? So balance it out. Allow your followers to continue growing but make sure you engage with your followers and update your posts.

Diana Wallace, Oct 28, 2014 IP
  6. Mr.Dog

Mr.Dog Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, if they're sold, they're most likely fakes.

It's best to attract real fans. After a while, you won't be able to distinguish between the real ones and the fake ones.

Mr.Dog, Oct 28, 2014 IP
  7. Diana Wallace

Diana Wallace Member

Best Answers:
    I agree on you with this one. But getting real fans would take some time. hmmm.. What d

Diana Wallace, Oct 29, 2014 IP
  8. Mr.Dog

Mr.Dog Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's sometimes frustrating. Facebook seems more of a "real" community, while Twitter feels more unreal. At least, I see people following each other for the sake of marketing, no-one really reads the Tweets.

Everyone wants followers, almost no-one really follows or reads Tweets. This is how I feel. I hope I'm wrong.

"Follow me and I'll follow you".

...but it's all for the sake of marketing.

Mr.Dog, Oct 29, 2014 IP
  9. Diana Wallace

Diana Wallace Member

Best Answers:
    Don't worry Mr. Dog. I read tweets sometimes.hoho. As long as they can create a better message rather than "Follow me and I'll follow you" would definitely earn them a followback/follow. What I hate about Twitter is the fake accounts tweeting and directing you to a different link. Like about social media marketing tips.. then when you click it goes directly to some random site. Tthat's a bummer!

Diana Wallace, Oct 30, 2014 IP
  10. Mr.Dog

Mr.Dog Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am following some on a reciprocal basis, but it's interesting to see how some reach tens of thousands or even just thousands of followers while only following a handful. I'm finding that hard to comprehend.

I'm an SEO, not a SMO, but I am about to learn the new techniques :)

I hope it works.

Mr.Dog, Nov 7, 2014 IP