1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

An alternative to Google for PPC to India?

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by tbarr60, Sep 8, 2005.

I receive good traffic from India using Google Adwords. Are there PPC advertising programs that work well in getting Indian traffic?

tbarr60, Sep 8, 2005 IP
  2. seodelhi

seodelhi Active Member

Best Answers:
    seodelhi, Sep 9, 2005 IP
  3. tbarr60

tbarr60 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply. It looks good for general interest such as travel or singles. Do you think it would be good for technology and Indian and USA business topics? Thanks.

tbarr60, Sep 9, 2005 IP
  4. seodelhi

seodelhi Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think it would be good for technology, can't really say about business, depends upon the kind of business you are advertising.

Having said this, you may want to try it for a few days and see what happens.
    Keep us posted about your experience with it.

seodelhi, Sep 9, 2005 IP
  5. seoindia

seoindia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Rediff is not a good option at all and it is a tested one. And you will be surprised to know that Rediff.com has declared huge losses continously during past 3 quarter results. Indiatimes.com on the other hand is making good amount of profit and its the only renowed portal in India who is doing profit in the field of online shopping. Some others are doing but they are nuts and pieces.

But its depend upon what exactly are you willing to promote in India. There are many B2B & Travel portals as well generating good amount of traffic.

seoindia, Sep 10, 2005 IP
  6. westhaven

westhaven Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    even i didn't like rediff's ppc

westhaven, Sep 10, 2005 IP
  7. seoindia

seoindia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    They charge Rs 16 for per click and i think one will be fool to invest on it. Better suggestion is to increase your spending on google adsense. Indiatimes is good because they remind peoples everyday regarding their portal through print media i.e. via Times Of India.

seoindia, Sep 10, 2005 IP
    yfs1 likes this.
  8. tbarr60

tbarr60 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    IndiaTimes.com looks good. I checked the Advertise with Us link and it was a list of contacts by city with no detail about pay per click, CPM, or anything else. Is that the proper way to get PPC on Indiatimes.com?

The audience I need is technical that would be interested in products from Sun, IBM, SAP, Oracle, etc. Are there other quality Indian sites that focus on technology?

tbarr60, Sep 10, 2005 IP
  9. seodelhi

seodelhi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Indiatimes does not has a ppc program, however you could advertise there based on ad impressions.

Regarding technology portals, there are quite a few in India, but they dont have any ppc program.

Some of them that i can think of right now are

www.zdnetindia.com (very popular)
    www.thinkdigit.com

seodelhi, Sep 11, 2005 IP