1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

American Student goes to Palestine to help only to find out the truth

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Mia, Dec 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slinky

slinky Banned

Best Answers:
    Couldn't help myself. If you're talking about the religious fanatics who call for the cold blooded murder of innocent civilians without any wartime conditions present, then you're talking exclusively about the Muslim fundamentalists aka "suicide bombers." There is a reason why there hasn't been an issue of "profiling" on airports of "Jewish fanatics" and that's because they aren't likely to strap explosives to themselves, threatening to blow everyone up. Perhaps the statistic you're citing is from "Jihad Weekly."

Most Israelis know it's futile to negotiate with Hamas as much as we know it's useless to discuss this topic further with you - for the exact same reason. When someone has sworn to destroy your country and people for decades as a result of a "religious crusade" then the chances of them turning over a new leaf (or even being able to articulate it) are as likely as an agreement with Charles Manson. Yeah, if he promises to behave himself I'm sure you'll accept him as a roommate....

Honestly, I think you should keep posting. Your failing quest to justify the murder of innocent people just reinforces the point to most others here.

slinky, Mar 12, 2008 IP
  2. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    pizzaman, Mar 12, 2008 IP
  3. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Haniyeh has called for a "tahdia," or calm, to describe the informal cease-fire he seeks. He does not use the Arabic word "hudna," which is a more formal truce. Israel has repeatedly warned that Hamas would use any lull to rearm.

The next step is radical enclaves in Europe, South America and North America.

bogart, Mar 12, 2008 IP
  4. slinky

slinky Banned

Best Answers:
    READ THE ENTIRE ARTICLES - what a joke you are. There are more Israeli Jews in one New York City mile than were in the above survey.

Regarding the Ha'aretz survey: The survey, which polled some 1,270 Palestinians, 500 Israeli Jews and 401 Israeli Arabs, was conducted as a coordinated effort between the Truman Institute of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and Khalil Shikaki, of the Palestinian Center for Policy and Survey Research in Ramallah.

Regarding CBS News: The negotiation was the latest desperate attempt to hopefully "..win the release of a captured soldier, Cpl. Gilad Schalit."

Remember what happened the last soldiers that were captured by the Palestinians? BUTCHERED to death, thrown out a window, and a video disseminated on national news - do you need a link? I don't want to ruin the appetite of people here. But let's continue.

The air strike came on the heels of a Palestinian rocket attack on Israel that left a 10-year-old Israeli boy wounded Monday in Sderot. His arm was partially severed and reattached in surgery.

Berger says the number of Israelis supporting negotiations is far more than in previous polls. "The idea of talking to Hamas was once unthinkable because the group was behind dozens of bloody suicide bombings a few years ago and its charter calls for the destruction of Israel.

"But, recently radio talk shows have featured some former defense officials who say the only way to stop the rocket fire is to talk to Hamas about a truce," said Berger, who confirmed the significance within Israel of the Sderot mayor's comments.

So in essence, the Israelis have no choice but to talk to Hamas IN ORDER TO STOP THE ROCKET FIRE. So they want to talk peace if it means the prevention of more unprovoked killing of children by terrorist activities. Hamas is getting what they want because the Israeli army is powerless to stop the endless rocket attacks and a growing number of Israelis realize that the resistance is futile - Hamas will just keep lobbing rockets into Israel from within Arab borders. Like most of the Palestinian propaganda thanks to the original Arafat strategy, your posts contain less than half truths and white lies by their omissions.

slinky, Mar 12, 2008 IP
  5. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    again i have to be cold sorry
    it is always like that.you agree to a deal because you are tired of people dying on your side. hamas offers the cease fire because they don't want to die also.
    you say this like it is a unique situation.it is very very sad but not unique at all.
    me and all those people want this situation to stop. why do you object.
    by the way i thought you said Israelis have a unified position and why do you dismiss the will of the people. remember democracy

6. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    they have to do a lot of arming to have a consequence.
    and as far as the word thing, Israelis think even this is too formal
    i think they have a deal or are very close

7. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Because you have not said one true statement about Hamas.

Without that, everything else you say is a half-truth or out-right lie.

Hamas offers cease fire only to re-arm because they were getting routed. Sounds a lot like Hezbullah in Lebanon. The terrorist groups have no problem initiating attacks but when the response comes they complain and seek a truce. Not out of any sense of peace, but only to regroup to fight another day.

I am getting tired of you and your simplistic ideas about what is needed for peace. You think that Israel can just say they want peace and all is well.

Please address how Hamas with its sworn goal of eliminating Israel is anything but a threat to Israel? Has Hamas ever made a single gesture toward peace with Israel? No, they have not. They can't even acknowledge that Israel has a right to exist.

There will only be peace when Hamas cares about Palestinians as much as they care about killing Jews.

You can continue to play naive pizzaboy and ignore the positions of the parties in 1000 more posts, but you are just purposely playing dumb. It is getting old fast.

browntwn, Mar 12, 2008 IP
  8. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's called terrorism. There's a pattern. Bring in arms from Egypt and build rockets. When the Israelis are ready to retaliate call for a "tahdia,"

What good is a temparary truce with someone that is sworn to your destruction?

bogart, Mar 12, 2008 IP
  9. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    if you can't handle the heat get out of the kitchen
    the world has put sanctions and a blockade on gaza because israel requested it.
    the purpose of this action was to bring them down to their knees so they agree to a cease fire.now that this have happened. what exactly do you want to say? what exactly what do you want to see?
    any way i think this is a sign that they already have a deal

10. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Of course there will be a truce. It will come when Hamas stops attacking Israel, which is what they seem to have done last few days.

We are talking about peace. Please explain how letting Hamas get stronger helps the Israelis or Palestinians achieve peace? Hamas ideology is the mutual enemy of the parties and all civilized people everywhere.

browntwn, Mar 12, 2008 IP
  11. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    hamas is nothing without the support of the majority of the Palestinians. but hamas has a better chance of delivering
    if the people of israel support Olmert in trying to reach an agreement.
    they already know what the end result is they have to announce it within the nest 6 month. implementation of this peace agreement will take up to 5 years. but some immediate changes need to be done to improve the conditions.the first stage should be major construction projects.israel must extract major money from arabs for palestanians. building modern cities with apartment buildings and things like that should start the process of implementation.
    blah blah b;ah
    israel's best chance for a long lasting peace is a stable democratic palestanian state. they should make that their goal.
    ceasfire with hamas in these times saves the people from both side some major headache

pizzaman, Mar 13, 2008 IP
  12. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well we are back to the Palestinians supporting terrorism and wondering why they are being punished by a blockade.

bogart, Mar 13, 2008 IP
  13. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    And some how the "world" will be surprised and disturbed if palestinian start to retaliate against the "world". :rolleyes:

How is this "world" problem? If "world" politicans didn't sell themselves so cheap to Israel and instead thought about "world" citizens interests may be then they wouldn't need to worry about terrorism. ;)

gworld, Mar 13, 2008 IP
  14. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:

Maybe if you and your buddies stopped blowing things up, we would not have to worry about terrorism.;)

Mia, Mar 13, 2008 IP
  15. slinky

slinky Banned

Best Answers:
    More nonsense. Hamas was around and thriving without the Palestinians. The $upport comes from many other places than the Palestinians.

This is the funniest thing I have ever heard. The Jews can't even get their land and money back that everyone knows was taken from them from the Arab nations yet they are expected to negotiate on behalf of the Palestinians from the Arabs? The Palestinians can't do it themselves and with their own people and this too is Israel's job? How about this - if the Palestinians don't get what they want from the Arabs, Hamas can start sending in suicide bombers and shooting rockets in Saudi Arabia, Iran and Iraq! Hey, it seems to work in Israel against the Jews!!! So this is the Palestinian perspective... tragically hilarious.

slinky, Mar 13, 2008 IP
  16. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hamas is based in Damascaus along with the Hezbollah terrorists.

bogart, Mar 13, 2008 IP
  17. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    when we talk peace you want to look at it as a favor to the arabs.these things are to the benefit of israel.
    as far as your money i really don't know what to tell you but i am not going to sleep over it.
    i can not change everyones mind and you are one of those that i will not waste my time on more than this.

pizzaman, Mar 14, 2008 IP
  18. slinky

slinky Banned

Best Answers:
    Before you talk you should spend time thinking about what you say. You've spent a LOT of time posting negative comments about Israel that others can read and may take and spread elsewhere. All of the cites you quoted were either blatantly false or clearly out of context. And to top it all off you've got the incredible gall to suggest that it's even the Israeli's responsibility to negotiate with the Arab Nations on behalf of the Palestinians! The Arabs/Muslims cannot even negotiate between themselves?! You expect the Jewish Israelis to somehow pull this one off too. Typically this kind of perspective that you've made clear is consistent with the Palestinian viewpoint is associated with the spoiled, Napster mentality who expect the world to do everything for them and they shouldn't have to lift a finger.

And here's the reason you won't understand or appreciate this issue entirely - virtually everything worthwhile to do takes effort. It's not just citing a few articles off CNN. Respectfully, invest time before trying to convince others the reality you'd like to believe.

slinky, Mar 14, 2008 IP
  19. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    i have to take some of those bonus points back.
    you try to create an illusion that to support israel one must support the settlers point of view. you want to silence the other opinions in israel and Israeli supporters to artificially enhance your position.
    my intention is to increase the chances of peace and this seems to put me opposite of you.

pizzaman, Mar 14, 2008 IP
  20. slinky

slinky Banned

Best Answers:
    We haven't silenced any opinions and merely quoted your own words and opinions and put them to the test. You've chosen not address your incredible opinion that Israel should not only hand over land and support to the Palestinians but also negotiate for their benefit with the Arab Nations. It is incredible and mind-boggling. As Arafat and many of the Palestinian propagandists have done, rather than admitting to their obvious wrongs (e.g. suicide bombings of innocent, uninvolved civilians) you try to distract the readers focus by claiming other speakers are dishonest without any justification. I don't need to defend what I wrote. You just can't explain what you did.

As I said, invest some time in understanding the problem instead of wantonly defaming Israel with a 2 second Google search and 3 seconds of reading. I'm sorry that we can't have peace in this thread but it takes some effort. ;) Time to go back to being amongst productivity.

slinky, Mar 14, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.