1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Amazon Store Scripts that allow you to add items by ASIN?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by adsensing, Jul 14, 2006.

Hi,

I've been looking around at all the Amazon Store scripts (AOM, ASM2, and others) but it looks to me like most of them bring in items based on Amazon's categories. For my application, I would like to set up my own categories and import items into them based on ASIN numbers.

Does this already exist in AOM or ASM2 or maybe another script? Something that would have a backend that allows me to do this as quickly as possible would be a bonus.

Thanks in advance...

adsensing, Jul 14, 2006 IP
  2. adsensing

adsensing Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe a little more explanation will elicit some help :)

I'm looking to add small stores to existing sites. I'm only looking to have around 100 items in a store and they will come from different Amazon categories. I would like a script that let's me easily add items by ASIN, then when the page is loaded, it will bring in the appropriate info via ECS. The ones I've seen seem to only allow you to select categories and list all items from that cat.

AOM looks like a great script, but can it do this? Any other ideas appreciated.

adsensing, Jul 19, 2006 IP
  3. myhart

myhart Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have some knowledge of PHP? ASM2 can be modified to display categories with the selected ASINs.

http://www.affiliate-developer.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=678

I haven't tried this however it looks as though it should do what you want. If I follow the steps correctly? Once the script is modified you simply create urls/links for your menu containing the desired ASINs.

/index.php?Operation=ItemLookup&ItemId=B0000C6CB6,B00005AL7B,B0007CXQ3E,B00004UE7F&presorted=true
    Code (markup):

myhart, Jul 19, 2006 IP
  4. myhart

myhart Peon

Best Answers:
    If you try the above modification to ASM2 you may need to turn the script's SEO feature off?

myhart, Jul 19, 2006 IP
  5. adsensing

adsensing Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks myhart, I'll give that a try this weekend and let you know how it tuens out.

adsensing, Jul 20, 2006 IP