1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

amazon store front script

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by dirvish, Mar 3, 2005.

Does anyone have any experience/suggestions for setting up an Amazon store front. I've been messing with this script: http://apf.sourceforge.net/ and created this page: http://certification.foundnews.com/store/

I'm not sure how viable this is...I have had mild success with Amazon affiliation in the past, but always through text links to specific products within my content. Can a themed Amazon store be an effective revenue source? Like anything else I'm sure it all depends on the amount of traffic it receives, but I wonder if anyone will really bother with messing with an Amazon store front on some random domain rather than just heading over to Amazon (I know I probably wouldn't). Thoughts? Suggestions? Does anyone have any experience with this?

dirvish, Mar 3, 2005 IP
  2. Haichi

Haichi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    always wanted to try that but it seems like a whole lot of work

Haichi, Mar 4, 2005 IP
  3. afactory

afactory Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is there any PHP version?

afactory, Mar 4, 2005 IP
  4. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    www.ghostscripter.com
    They may still be down from a spam attack, but I use their script for my sites in my sig.

There is money to be made. Build them, link them, and let them earn on their own while you build other sources of revenue.

GTech, Mar 4, 2005 IP
  5. leeds1

leeds1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I used the script from seo-toys.com

Very easy to install and if you know a bit about php easily customisable

I have though since taken it down after the google dup content stuff -- it's hard not to have duplicate page for these items as loads of people do it

leeds1, Mar 4, 2005 IP
  6. honey

honey Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I used the script above and modded it for SEO. Look at texasgurus.com

honey, Mar 4, 2005 IP
  7. ohcnetwork

ohcnetwork Peon

Best Answers:
    I use Amazon Store Manager 2 and it's written in php. Pretty easy to customize (to me). It doesn't create hierarchy, so you'd need to get category id number to create a list of items in whatever category you want to have in your store though. Is that the question you were asking or you want to know if there is a version of Amazon Products Feed (http://www.mrrat.com/aws/) in php?

With regard to making actual sales, you definitely want to integrate your store into your content (or you take care of SEO if you are super good at SEO). Giving some incentives to buyers is the key.

ohcnetwork, Mar 9, 2005 IP