1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Amazon Site Review

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by PuReWebDev, May 30, 2006.

I've just recently created a new online webshop, wanted to get some feedback on easy of use, design and overall feel. The site is livewebshop.com

Thanks,
    PuReWebDev

PuReWebDev, May 30, 2006 IP
  2. EdenView

EdenView Peon

Best Answers:

If I'm being honest, it looks like you just tweaked stringer's and removed their "powered by" tag... not kosher (Removing the "made by" references), imho.

See how it's the same as: http://www.codes.cc/ , all the way down to the verbage used on the pages?

EdenView, May 31, 2006 IP
  3. PuReWebDev

PuReWebDev Peon

Best Answers:
    I didn't claim to have developed the underlying code, what I did say though was for feedback on ease of use, design (graphics) and overall feel. Smartazz.

PuReWebDev, May 31, 2006 IP
  4. EdenView

EdenView Peon

Best Answers:
    Then why remove the "designed by" and "powered by" or whatever it was your version originally had?
    Not being a hater here, but as a sometimes-coder/developer, I hate when I see my stuff without credit, y'know?

EdenView, May 31, 2006 IP
  5. PuReWebDev

PuReWebDev Peon

Best Answers:
    It's an open-source software, I'm modifying it for my own purposes. I'm not trying to claim credit as developing the underlying code, and normally the developer won't mind. I'm not putting a link to the apache webserver, php or linux either.

I'm a php developer as well, tonight I'll be added a much needed add-to-cart feature and donating that back to the original developer to improve the app.

Back on track now: easy of use, design and overall feel please.

PuReWebDev

PuReWebDev, May 31, 2006 IP
  6. JesterMagic

JesterMagic Peon

Best Answers:
    It's easy to use and follow. Very clean but it may not be flashy enough (needs a bit more in graphics). The big boys always have some items on the front page listing great deals, etc..

I run something similar and it is a very hard up hill battle to get this type of site to produce anything usefull especially when you have to rely on free clicks. PPC is just too expensive for the type of commision you get on most items.

Just my 2 cents..

JesterMagic, May 31, 2006 IP
  7. tech86

tech86 Peon

Best Answers:

People like you are a disgrace to the open source community.

Open source does not mean FREE FOR ALL STEAL ME!

This script is released under the GPL license. The GPL license means all copy right information must be left intact. Along with this, credit to the author must be maintained in the source code. You can modify it however you want, but removing copy right isn't an option.

If you do not add the copy right statement, I am reporting you to the backers of the GPL license, and they will take further legal action to protect thier license.

tech86, Jun 1, 2006 IP
    EdenView likes this.
  8. ismael

ismael Peon

Best Answers:
    this is not worth doing man . u should add the copy right statement else u r just a thief that knows nothing than stealing others ideas and works

ismael, Jun 2, 2006 IP