1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Amazon selling beverages

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by LPPC, Jul 1, 2016.

Dear,

I've got an idea for my first amazon product to sell and my first real action in entrepreneurship. The product is a 24-pack (or 12-pack) of a canned juice (like coca cola) of 240 ML. I've got some questions and I would be grateful for some answers. I'm not contacting wholesalers yet because I don't want to give a bad impression with stupid questions I might ask, I want to be well-informed first.

A) The FBA cost of a 24-pack tray would cost 5.6 dollars approximately. Let's say such a tray would cost 4 dollars a piece. On top of that we have the shipping cost from the manufacturer to Amazon FBA. How much would the shipping cost for 1000 trays for example?
    Are there any other costs that I don't know of?

Basically, I'm trying to find whether this product would be profitable.

B) Will people buy this product? Merchantwords.com estimates that this product is searched for 19000 times for keyword variance A and 95000 times for variance B. This product has not been sold on the amazon website and I can't find any site in the US that sells it.

I've used the google keyword planner to see how much it has been searched for in the US but I don't know which of the two sections on the picture i uploaded gives the monthly search estimate:
    http://i.imgur.com/nFKgkoj.png

The picture I uploaded gives the result of a different keyword. The keyword of the product I am trying to sell gives 10k in the graph and 70 on the second section.

If you search for a similar product on merchantwords, like dr pepper, it estimates a 500k search volume on amazon. But one of the listings on amazon only has 16 reviews:
    https://www.amazon.com/Dr-Pepper-Dr-24-12oz/dp/B003PD2NY0/ref=sr_1_1_s_it?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1467386746&sr=1-1&keywords=dr pepper

Does this mean that it doesn't sell that well? Maybe because the price is higher than on other websites or in the groceries store? I would like to sell my 24-pack for a similar price or maybe lower, but not by much.

I see that most (canned) soft drinks have a very low amount of reviews.. how come?

Thank you very much!

edit: url is not clickable?

LPPC, Jul 1, 2016 IP