1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Amazon Method In Development. BOOST click throughs.

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by ZilaHost, Sep 17, 2012.

Amazon Method In Development. BOOST click throughs.

I was adding Youtube video reviews of each product I listed for sale, as people enjoy learning about the product, seeing it in action and hearing the customer review.

In order to increase clickthroughs I've come up with the idea to link to the Amazon video review with a screenshot of the Amazon Video Review. Since it goes directly to the video review the customer is satisfied and you get your Cookeis for the day. :) Win/Win. Below you can see a graphic with this idea incorporated a well as a live link to the product page if you wish to test out the method.

Here is the only snag.. only specific item have video reviews by customers. Unless its a video review by a customer you cant redirect the user to the video with the item stats, buy now button and other details to the right of the video. Is there a way for us to pull up only items with customer video reviews? Is there a tool that can be used? Im sure others use this method.
    test.jpg
    http://furor.co/oral-b-professional-healthy-clean-precision-1000-rechargeable-electric-toothbrush-review-66-off-on-amazon/

-Al

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
    ZilaHost, Sep 17, 2012 IP
  2. freshdevelopment

freshdevelopment Notable Member

Best Answers:
    freshdevelopment, Sep 18, 2012 IP
  3. freelancewebaz

freelancewebaz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I forget where but I saw a blog post from a dude from WF doing this same stuff. If you really want you could take that video screenshot and just photoshop in a still frame from a YouTube video for the products that don't have them. But definitely heed @freshdevelopment's advice as it can and probably will be viewed as misleading and as soon as your cross whatever their threshold is and your site gets manually reviewed you can expect an email about it.

freelancewebaz, Sep 18, 2012 IP
  4. ZilaHost

ZilaHost Active Member

Best Answers:
    Regarding the original post you speak of, I have read the creative genius. I of coure wont link to it hear as that would violate DP tos. However over 60 people applauded the post and have implemented the strategy and continued conversation of it for some time. None have had any issues with Amazon. I have contacted them directly and am waiting to hear back.

-Al

Amazon Letter:

Here's a hot tip if this method is accepted by Amazon You guys made great tips and provided good resources, so it probably wont be the response Im hoping for from Amazon. But if it is... this works for searching- Site:amazon.com "customer video review" + niche

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
    ZilaHost, Sep 18, 2012 IP