1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Amazon Mechanical Turk

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Tarheelmed02, Apr 16, 2017.

Hello All--

Good afternoon. I am a small business operator; an independent lodging motel. I am in need to bolster my online presence from a. I do not hold an advanced degree in computer programming/coding/website construction etc. With that said, I have heard about fractional task services such as Amazon Mechanical Turk? Are there competitors? Anyone successfully utilized AMT for business website assistance? Is it expensive? Does it work?

Thank you for any light one can shed on this topic.

Tarheelmed02, Apr 16, 2017 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't recommend AMT for this, I think. Depends a little on what you need done, but AMT is a bit like having 100.000 workers when all you need is 1 professional. AMT is great for mundane, repetitive tasks, like data-input, or huge coding-projects involving hundreds of coders - but if all you want is a better online presence, with a new webpage, maybe a Facebook page, and some other minor things, I would recommend finding someone closer to home that can work with you directly - or, if that is not really what you want, find something a little less mass-enterprise, and a little more webdesign-company for small businesses.

PoPSiCLe, Apr 16, 2017 IP
  3. Tarheelmed02

Tarheelmed02 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your advice PoPSICLe. Are there any vetted sources for Tech related jobs/job seekers? A Craiglist of sorts but for Tech related jobs? I have posted jobs with local Colleges/Universities to see if students would want to take it but nothing yet. I am situated in Southeast US, on the SC/GA border. Thank you again

Tarheelmed02, Apr 16, 2017 IP
  4. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Well, there are things like Fiverr and such, but the quality of the workers there might be hard to suss out. Again, depending on what you need done, I would perhaps seek out local webdesigners, since you then can talk to them face to face, and perhaps get a personal impression about "how they feel". Might be a little more expensive than outsourcing, but often it's easier to talk to someone speaking the same language, etc.

I'm not entirely sure where "tech-jobs" get posted these days. You have the buy/sell market here on DP, of course, but I dunno if there are anyone that meets your criteria there.

Most of the job-boards tend to go for steady positions, not one-time projects, so I'm unfortunately not a very good help on that side of things, I think.

PoPSiCLe, Apr 17, 2017 IP
  5. Tarheelmed02

Tarheelmed02 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi PoPSiCLe--Thanks for your thoughts. I shall look into the buy/sell market on DP. If the cost is feasible, ideally I would love to have the website aspect managed by someone else. Thanks again.

Tarheelmed02, Apr 19, 2017 IP
  6. alexmv

alexmv Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't see anything wrong to find someone to do the work for you. And the local market is not always a good solution because the competition is weak and you may not have the best result for your money. I can recommend you some online marketplaces for freelancers like upwork.com, freelancer.com, peopleperhour.com, europelance.com, fiverr.com and much more. Most of them are secure enough to be sure you will not make a wrong choice. Plus some experience professional may help you with the proper planning and best solution for your needs.

alexmv, Apr 20, 2017 IP
  7. Tarheelmed02

Tarheelmed02 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Alexmv, thanks for your thoughts. Your thoughts on the local market is spot on, especially in the Augusta, GA metro area. It lacks in technology based anything. I appreciate your recommendations. I have begun to look into a firm called Syconics. I shall update the experience process for any else who may also be in the same boat so to speak. Thank you all...

Tarheelmed02, Apr 20, 2017 IP