1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Amazon Issue

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Anthony11, Jun 8, 2006.

When I went to amazon.com thye sell everything from books to sporting goods. When I signed up for amazon associates program I am in canada so I signed up at amazon.ca

It is not letting me select sports. It has books, music, dvd, video, software and video games.

How do I make it so I can select sports?

Also...

I created and designed my site and its in html. Is there any scirpt that will allow me to automatically update the specific type of products on a page.For example: I have a site, and have a soccer link. That link will only select soccer products to be shown. I know there are many scripts out there but they give you the whole site. I have my stie design and i just want to add code so the stuff updates.

Anthony11, Jun 8, 2006 IP
  2. myhart

myhart Peon

Best Answers:
    My following site will display available CA browse nodes.

CA Browse Nodes

However to my knowledge the SearchIndex "SportingGoods" is not available for Amazon's CA ECS. If that has changed please let me know and I will update the script!

I am working on a "simple" Amazon script for a new website that I am building that may be along the lines of what you are looking for?

Real Estate Knowledge

myhart, Jun 9, 2006 IP
  3. Anthony11

Anthony11 Peon

Best Answers:
    myhart: thanks but yo never answered any of my questions. No that script is not waht im looking for either.

Anthony11, Jun 9, 2006 IP
  4. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    Not all countries support all categories in AWS. It looks like you guys only have

Books, Classical, DVD, Livres en Français (What ever that is!!), Music, Software, VHS, and Video Games.

Nintendo, Jun 9, 2006 IP
  5. Anthony11

Anthony11 Peon

Best Answers:
    Livres en Français: french books i think.

Well, That sucks.

Anthony11, Jun 9, 2006 IP
  6. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    Looks like you're correct!!! According to Google, it means...French books!!!

Nintendo, Jun 9, 2006 IP
  7. dinodino

dinodino Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Anthony11,
    Amazon.ca only offers Books, Music, DVD, Video, Software and VideoGames. If you want to have Sporting Goods then I suggest you sign up with Amazon US and display US products on your website.

I use the same script (ASM2 by Freekrai) for all my sites, be it a generic store (sell all products), product niche (e.g. software only) or merchant category (e.g. products from Ross-Simons). ASM2 by Freekrai is very easy to set for these variations and once you get the hang of it, there's a lot more thing you can do with it.

One of my latest which you can look at is el Tienda : Groceries & Supplies Corner Store.
    This store offers only products from Amazon.com Grocery, the latest shop that Amazon launched recently.

Follow the links on my sig below to see a few other variations that I have done with the script.

dinodino, Jun 9, 2006 IP