1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Amazon Conversion Rate

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by caroline, Oct 31, 2004.

What would be a good conversion rate for amazon? My limited experience is 500 clicks and no sales.

I know I made a bad product choice because it's aimed at kids and kids do not usually buy online, but I thought that perhaps a 0.2 % conversion rate would be possible.

Anybody care to mention their conversion rates (and how they achieved them?)

caroline, Oct 31, 2004 IP
  2. Trance-formation

Trance-formation Peon

Best Answers:
    I use owlcrofts Freebie tool on a couple of sites... I don't have stats to hand but in a couple of months I've made two sales... both from my currently most atrocious site where I've made no real effort to modify Freebies pages (www.cross-stitch-pattern.com) and none from my hypnosis site where I have made such effort (www.hypnosisaudiocds.com)... but the first site gets more hits for a number of reasons... It's just a numbers game I guess :)

Trance-formation, Oct 31, 2004 IP
  3. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    The Amazon portal lists my conversion rate at 1.93%.

Will.Spencer, Nov 7, 2004 IP
  4. magiana

magiana Peon

Best Answers:
    Conversion rates can actually vary a lot and purely depends on three things. The first is how you reach your visitor (ad, SE or other). The next thing is what you say to your visitor and the third is how you refer your visitor to the merchant you represent.

That´s good news because if you have a bad CR now, it´s completely in your hands to improve it.

I knew this a long time ago but didn´t really know how to do it until I read a new book called Make Your Content PREsell. It gave me new insights and now I definetely feel more confident about beeing able to write for my website and impove my CR. I can highly recommend it. The book can be found at http://mycps.sitesell.com/recommended4.html.

I suggest you should write for the parents and tell them what the books will do for their children. Will they learn something useful or will they get entertained?

magiana, Nov 7, 2004 IP
  5. dejaone

dejaone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Will, that's a very impressive number. Do you get 5% or 15% from amazon?

dejaone, Nov 7, 2004 IP
  6. caroline

caroline Peon

Best Answers:
    This is so great! I just got two ordered items, making my conversion rate 0,2 %.

I am so happy! :)

However, these two items are completely irrelevant to what I was trying to sell and they were obviously ordered by the same person. :confused:

I've just remembered how much I love cookies. :D

caroline, Nov 8, 2004 IP
  7. melfan

melfan Peon

Best Answers:
    Since I started using amazon last sept. I just got 3 orders but so far it is good to me. My conversion rates is close to 1%

melfan, Nov 8, 2004 IP
  8. caroline

caroline Peon

Best Answers:
    Now I am just waiting for them to get shipped. Must have earned 1$ or something. :D

caroline, Nov 8, 2004 IP
  9. Help Desk

Help Desk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Help Desk, Nov 8, 2004 IP
  10. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    5.75% on the new and improved comp plan. I will hit 6% before the quarter is over.

Will.Spencer, Nov 8, 2004 IP
  11. dejaone

dejaone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    wow, you can actually make some money over amazon. I've heard so many stories that peope didn't make anything off of amazon.

dejaone, Nov 8, 2004 IP
  12. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    I am making significantly less from Amazon than I am from AdSense.

One must remember that the Amazon conversion rate is the conversion rate after the user has already clicked an ad.

Will.Spencer, Nov 9, 2004 IP
  13. magiana

magiana Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, excuse me if it appeared to be that! Maybe I shold keep the good stuff for myself in the future...

If you read the page you´ll se that

If you have the alexa toolbar you´ll also see that they have a ranking about 300! No, it´s not a typo. Obviously they know what they are doing.

I´ve read the book once and now I´m on my second read. Yes, I am a affiliate for the book but I would not recommend anything that didn´t deliver something of true value. That´s simply not the way I am.

magiana, Nov 9, 2004 IP
  14. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Alexa ratings are so easily cheated as to be effectively meaningless.

Will.Spencer, Nov 9, 2004 IP
  15. shain

shain Peon

Best Answers:
    I started using Amazon Associates 2 days ago, and so far been doing really great. Have a conversion of 36.55%. But as you can see in my report below:

-http://img276.echo.cx/my.php?image=amazon0rv.gif

I have so many items ordered. Will they ever be shipped and I'll earn my comission for that?

shain, May 19, 2005 IP
  16. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    I started to read this thread and decided I would have a look at my stats, I placed amazon on my sites about a month ago and noticed a huge jump in search engine traffic on one of the sites last week.
    I checked and found the traffic was for book related terms, well to my surprise I have 14 items shipped, 23 ordered from 64 clicks with a conversion rate of 35.94.
    Total payout is $37.69....not bad for approx one week, in fact 17 items in the last three days.
    And all I expected was some content pages for the coop :D

The one thing that I'm not sure about is what constitutes a click, I figure I have had about 800 unique visitors to my site for those 64 clicks.

The funny thing is I am in the top 10 search positions on Yahoo and to a much lesser extent Google for those terms and some of them are really off the wall but there are still hundreds if not thousands of sites that have the same terms, misspellings and all on there pages.

By the way whats the difference between "direct-link clicks" and "other clicks"...all my sales are from "other clicks".

Cyclops, May 19, 2005 IP
  17. ZuraX

ZuraX Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have my amazon link all over and have 3 AWS "stores" so not sure where my sales come from. I just set up 2 new IDs with amazon so Ill know soon if its one of the 2 I got an ID for. When I login I see
    Orders Summary
    Ordered items 2
    Clicks 171
    Conversion 1.17%

Not sure what time frame thats for....
    But for Quarter to Date its

April 1, 2005 to May 18, 2005
    Direct-Link Clicks 13
    Other Clicks 158
    Clicks 171
    TOTAL CONVERSION 1.17%

ZuraX, May 19, 2005 IP
  18. ZuraX

ZuraX Active Member

Best Answers:
    direct-link clicks are for the ads they give you for one item. The person has to click the ad, put the iten in their cart, then pay. If they leave the page or add anything else to the cart you lose the direct link. :(

direct-link sales pay a higher % too.

ZuraX, May 19, 2005 IP
  19. girl

girl Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ordered items 14
    Clicks 399
    Conversion 3.51%

I'm improving :)

girl, Jun 8, 2005 IP
  20. ZuraX

ZuraX Active Member