1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Amazon Closing Down in Pennsylvania, USA

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by freshdevelopment, Aug 30, 2012.

I thought this was over, but the Nexus tax strikes again.

Pennsylvania will now require Amazon to collect sales tax on every sale if they have active affiliates in Pennsylvania. To avoid this any affiliate Amazon site operating from PA will have their Amazon affiliation terminated.

To avoid this I recommend setting up a business or corporation in a "safe" state, or even better in a tax haven like the Cayman Islands or Cyprus.

freshdevelopment, Aug 30, 2012 IP
  2. affiliatemegamind

affiliatemegamind Peon

Best Answers:
    I hope Washington doesn't have to deal with this since Amazon is based here.

affiliatemegamind, Aug 31, 2012 IP
  3. ablaye

ablaye Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Actually, I live in PA and Amazon will start collecting sales taxes in Pennsylvania starting this Saturday. They are NOT closing affiliate accounts of people living in Pennsylvania.

ablaye, Aug 31, 2012 IP
  4. freshdevelopment

freshdevelopment Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes ablaye your right - Amazon reversed the decision at the last minute and are allowing affiliates living in Pennsylvania to continue promoting.

freshdevelopment, Sep 15, 2012 IP