1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Amazon AWS Script with an Add Reviews Feature

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by websiteideas, Mar 15, 2006.

Is there any script out there that has a feature to add reviews for a product?

websiteideas, Mar 15, 2006 IP
  2. Darkhodge

Darkhodge Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you mean you want to add your own reviews or the ones provided on the Amazon website? If you mean the latter I use a script that you can get from affiliate-developer.com which provides that function (as can be seen from my site igdb.co.uk/guitarshop/ - make sure you type the '/').

If you mean add your own reviews, no idea...

Darkhodge, Mar 15, 2006 IP
  3. websiteideas

websiteideas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was thinking a feature that added the reviews to your own site so that you could create some unique and fresh content for youe own site.

websiteideas, Mar 17, 2006 IP
  4. TechEvangelist

TechEvangelist Guest

Best Answers:
    Adding product reviews is pretty easy to do with most Amazon stores if you know how to work with code and a database. Just use the Amazon ASIN as the key for the review. The problem is the writing of reviews for a large number of products and a product mix that's always changing.

The newest version of Ghostscripter has a built-in feature for users to add reviews, but I don't know of anyone who has received a response from the Ghostscripter guys for at least six months. They may have gone belly-up or have abandoned the script.

TechEvangelist, Mar 21, 2006 IP
    GTech and Will.Spencer like this.
  5. websiteideas

Best Answers:
    Would it be against the terms of service to create a script that add the reviews to your own website?

websiteideas, Mar 27, 2006 IP
  6. TechEvangelist

TechEvangelist Guest

Best Answers:
    I don't see how that would be a violation. You don't have to use Amazon reviews on your product pages.

I do have a site where I cherry-picked the best Web development books and wrote my own reviews for those products.

TechEvangelist, Apr 4, 2006 IP
    Mia likes this.
  7. websiteideas

Best Answers:
    If anyone can build a script like this, I for one would be interested in purchasing it.

websiteideas, Apr 14, 2006 IP
  8. dinodino

dinodino Peon

Best Answers:
    I think there's already a mention in one of the posts that GhostScripter script has an option to turn reviews on..

dinodino, Apr 14, 2006 IP
  9. websiteideas

Best Answers:
    That script doesn't add the reviews to your own site though. I think it would be great to build a script that stores the reviews only on your own website. This would help to avoid the duplicate content penalty.

websiteideas, Apr 22, 2006 IP