1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

amazon aws question

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by disgust, Oct 20, 2004.

when I do a query, it returns a link to the products returned, but the link doesn't seem to be the right link to track things.

from what I've seen on other amazon sites, product links should look like this...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/[ASIN]/[YOUR-TRACKING-NAME]/[RANDOM NUMBERS]

I can fill out the first two myself, but what's the last one? would it track okay without the "random numbers"?

disgust, Oct 20, 2004 IP
  2. l0cke

l0cke Active Member

Best Answers:
    The links returned from queries are fine. Links with the "random numbers" included in them were most likely created using "build links". If you follow one of the links from your query you should see the "random numbers" fill in.

l0cke, Oct 21, 2004 IP
  3. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    disgust, Oct 21, 2004 IP
  4. l0cke

l0cke Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm, my queries return:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/[ASIN]/[tracking id]?dev-t=[Sub id]%26camp=2025%26link_code=xm2

Are you passing t=trackingid in your query?

l0cke, Oct 21, 2004 IP
  5. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    nope, and I'm guessing that's why it didn't return it right. thanks, I should be able to get it to work fine from there

disgust, Oct 21, 2004 IP