1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Amazon Associates Cookie - For how long?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by NetGuru1, Oct 30, 2012.

Let's say I wrote an article or made a youtube video and just posted my amazon affiliate link for that product - does it have only 24 hours since the minute they clicked it?
    I understood there is a 90 day cookie? can it be achieved only by aStore? or I can get around it by making redirect from the article link to an "Astore" and to amazon
    to gain the 90 days cookie?

Thanks

NetGuru1, Oct 30, 2012 IP
  2. JyeP

JyeP Active Member

Best Answers:
    The 90 day cookie is set when the visitor adds an item to their cart within the initial 24 hour cookie period (which some affiliates don't know).
    There are ways of automatically adding products to a users shopping cart when they visit via your affiliate link although the method is picked up by Amazon fairly easily + reports of being banned for it.
    The 90 day cookie is pretty much pointless, it will only work on the product they added to the cart via your referral link, and in most cases if someone wants to buy something they will do it straight away.

JyeP, Oct 30, 2012 IP
  3. NetGuru1

NetGuru1 Peon

Best Answers:
    So it doesn't matter if they came throw an blog/video link or an aStore ?
    Only if they will enter the link and add item to cart it will be in their computer for 90 days ?
    and what if the lead checked out and bought the product, will my cookie still be saved for 90 days ?

NetGuru1, Oct 30, 2012 IP
  4. freelancewebaz

freelancewebaz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are several threads that already cover this common question. Do some research before you ask questions as they've probably already been answered in past threads. Also, as there aren't many threads in the Amazon section to begin with you should be able to quickly look to see if an answer has already been posted.

freelancewebaz, Oct 30, 2012 IP