1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Amazon and Craigslist Revisted

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by sirjorgeofculver, May 14, 2013.

I was trying a few things on craigslist in regards to amazon affiliate links, mainly following what some youtube videos said worked, to no avail.

Mainly, putting up a high ticket item, then when someone emails, telling them that it's sold but they can find one at amazon with affiliate link. Not even a click through resulted.

However, recently I download a free ebook on amazon, and this marketing guy claims he's making an easy $300 by posting ads on craigslist with the amazon affiliate link in his ads, without putting it in html. So it would read: click here + affiliate link + click here without making it into a live link.

Doesn't seem legit, haven't tried it, but it doesn't sound like something that could work. Anyone try craigslist for amazon sales?

sirjorgeofculver, May 14, 2013 IP
  2. CandleKeep

CandleKeep Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't do that man.

Amazon has a VERY draconian banning policy.

If you get a few complaints saying you're even HINTING at promoting on Craigslist, it's probably against their TOS.

Then, you're doomed.

Forever.

Just my $.02 bro

CandleKeep, Jun 29, 2013 IP
  3. freelancewebaz

freelancewebaz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can promote your links on classified sites and not get into trouble with Amazon as long as you aren't using URL shorteners; however, from reading a bunch of people's reports who tried things like this on BHW I came to the conclusion that it's difficult and time consuming to produce any results. If you're interested though search over there for the thread started by 2011nfl.

freelancewebaz, Jul 1, 2013 IP