1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

AmA re: Amazon Web Services

Discussion in 'Cluster Computing' started by eric281, Feb 13, 2014.

I've been a lurker/rare poster on this board since 2007, and I figure it's my turn to give back a little. I'd like to answer anyone's questions that they might have about Amazon Web Services. I believe that they are great for many purposes, from hosting small sites for free to the largest. most complex sites on the internet and just about every other use case in between.

If there's any interest, I'll write up a post about how to have your own dedicated hosting server for less than $1/mo.

I've been a sysadmin for over 12 years, and am currently heavily involved in using Amazon Web Services for several different projects of various scopes and scales. I'm an AWS Certified Solutions Architect, and feel like I have a good grasp of the different offerings strengths and weaknesses.

eric281, Feb 13, 2014 IP