1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Am I leaving money on the table?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by adeel786, Apr 6, 2015.

Hi guys,

I run an online forum where people talk about anything from politics to Entertainment. It was something that I started just for fun but now It kind of became a giant. I get around 200k uniques and about 1.5-2 million impressions DAILY.(60% of that traffic comes from USA, UK and Canada, so it is not some cheap third world country traffic)

Until now I have been monetizing it with adsense only. It pays well and I do make more than a full time income and it pays off cost of my 4 servers and staff of 8 people.

Am I missing something monetizing it with just adsense? how do you think I should start looking for other avenues to increase my income? Do you think I should test affiliate programs like cj and clickbank? It isn't really a targeted traffic to any of the stuff those guys offer.

your input will be appreciated

adeel786, Apr 6, 2015 IP
  2. agmccall

agmccall Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think the first thing you should do is make sure you are maximizing your adsense income. I just read a book by Joel Comm called Adsense Secrets, 6th edition. You can pick it up on amazon for about 5 bucks. My eyes were opened to whole new ways of converting adsense ads. I would look at this book, especially with a forum and the traffic you have

al

agmccall, Apr 10, 2015 IP
  3. peepin2me

peepin2me Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are getting an RPM of over $10, I wouldn't worry too much about leaving money on the table. If your RPM is much lower than $10, you could consider optimizing ad placements, colors, fonts, number of ad units per page, etc. and you could perhaps create a media kit and try to attract direct advertisers.

peepin2me, Apr 10, 2015 IP
  4. Franklin Hatchett

Franklin Hatchett Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You could open up other advertisements on the site or something. I co-own a forum and we recently put a side bar up where companies or websites would upload small square banners for a fee and it's doing well.

Franklin Hatchett, Apr 11, 2015 IP
  5. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Forums can be hard to monetize. When I managed a popular forum, I made the most from selling direct advertising, but it would be more difficult attracting advertisers with a multi-topic forum.

dcristo, Apr 11, 2015 IP